Differences between UNSW Science (Advanced Science) and Science (Advanced Mathematics (1 Viewer)

brachester

HSC
So is there anyone that done it and know the differences? My bro said they're the same. But why do they have different atar requirement (95 and 95.4). I'm asking this just in case i barely don't make it for advanced math

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Differences between UNSW Science (Advanced Science) and Science (Advanced Mathema

So is there anyone that done it and know the differences? My bro said they're the same. But why do they have different atar requirement (95 and 95.4). I'm asking this just in case i barely don't make it for advanced math
In B Science (Advanced Science), you are not allowed to do mathematics or statistics as your science major. But in B Science (Advanced Mathematics), you choose Mathematics or Statistics as your major. Apart from that, they do the same compulsory courses like SCIF (Science perspectives).

brachester

HSC
Re: Differences between UNSW Science (Advanced Science) and Science (Advanced Mathema

In B Science (Advanced Science), you are not allowed to do mathematics or statistics as your science major. But in B Science (Advanced Mathematics), you choose Mathematics or Statistics as your major. Apart from that, they do the same compulsory courses like SCIF (Science perspectives).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

SCIF is gr8, btw

Bobbo1

HSC

in the science (advanced mathematics) do u actually study any real science or is it just only maths?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

If you take a double degree with Adv. Maths, you practically do no Science. If you want to take Science courses, like Chemistry or Biology - you take the single degree by itself.

brachester

HSC

So say i only got enough ATAR to get into B Science (Advanced Science) and i want to do math as my science major, do i have to transfer to Advanced Math? My bro and his friend did Advanced Science and Advanced Math respectively. He said that after a while, they're both having the same class for all sciences

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

So say i only got enough ATAR to get into B Science (Advanced Science) and i want to do math as my science major, do i have to transfer to Advanced Math? My bro and his friend did Advanced Science and Advanced Math respectively. He said that after a while, they're both having the same class for all sciences
If you want to do maths as your major, you have to do it under Adv. Maths. Adv Science doesn't offer maths as a major.

brachester

HSC

If you want to do maths as your major, you have to do it under Adv. Maths. Adv Science doesn't offer maths as a major.
So when i'm transfered, do i start off new with another class or i have to catch up with the current on going class?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Do normal science and you can do any major you want.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

So when i'm transfered, do i start off new with another class or i have to catch up with the current on going class?
Depends, I think. Like if your subjects were Finance and Accounting and you transferred to Comm/Adv Maths, you wouldn't have to re-do finance or accounting because you already did them. But if you had done subjects like Literature or Music Studies, you'd have to take subjects relating to your new degree.

brachester

HSC

Depends, I think. Like if your subjects were Finance and Accounting and you transferred to Comm/Adv Maths, you wouldn't have to re-do finance or accounting because you already did them. But if you had done subjects like Literature or Music Studies, you'd have to take subjects relating to your new degree.
ok cheers man :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)