Different content this year than past exams (1 Viewer)

Line|z0r

from a Lismore study day:

Although the 2004 examination will have a similar organisation to the 2001-2003 examinations, the Board of Studies has indicated that candidates can expect a significant variation in the range of content being tested. This is a good reason to use the syllabus as the basis of your preparation.

Any thoughts on this? Our teacher gave us sheets with syllabus dot points that have not been asked and pointed out that we should look at these ones less because they are not often asked...but in light of this statement...maybe they will ask the other dot points?

CONFUSED!...any thoughts on the matter?

p.s. no smart ass remarks to the tune of : oh well, just study the whole syllabus.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Well its hardly a smartass remark, because if you want to do well you should know the entire syllabus. I think your teachers idea is pretty stupid.

Line|z0r

arg! i know to study the syllabus, but as it is the night before, maybe i could cut some of the stuff that they are not going to ask out...but noooo have to study all of it :p i was just wondering if anyone else knew about the test and whether it might be similar q's such as 2001-2003 or if it has been changed...

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
In the end no one, bar the person(s) who wrote it can know that, so if you ask me, you should know the vast majority of the course and study tonight those that you dont. How much you know is up to you, so I cant help.

xeriphic

the syllabus isn't that much, just goto the resource section and find a good summery and just read read read, you can always skip the ones you already know

lucyinthehole

i was just discussing this with my friend. do you think, because record numbers are doing chem this year, they'd make it harder than previous years?

xeriphic

the exam was set like beginning of the year ie. in febrary or something, so if they knew how much people were doing it hmm I wouldn't know

Paroissien

HSC
There is no way to know, anyone who answers that would merely be speculating

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
lucyinthehole said:
i was just discussing this with my friend. do you think, because record numbers are doing chem this year, they'd make it harder than previous years?
I wouldn't think so. The %'s of people getting each respective band would remain about the same I think.

meyero

HSC
As a matter of interest...which points did you teacher say hadn't been properly tested?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)