Different values of King Lear (1 Viewer)

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Hi everyone
I've found a sample question, i think it's from a past paper of some sort which says:
Two people who value your prescribed text (Lear) in different ways and for different reasons are having a conversation. Compose their conversation which should include consideraton of structure, staging, language and ideas of the text

What exactly should i talk about here? I'm just a little confused. Do i go on about the different interpretations of king lear (family drama, feminist, aristotellian etc.) and corresponding productions and stuff like that? and how they demonstrate these ideas. Or is it more how these productions show the values of the time they were produced (going into context and all of that?)
Thanks heaps in advance :)

chardie2

BOTH!

remember one of the dot points which is part of the marking guidelines is showing how the texts were viewed in different contexts and what values were dominant for that audience at the time.

Each character of the dialogue could prefer a different reading etc and then go on to talk about why, what they see as the dominant values and make sure you mention contexts.

Goodluck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)