Differentiation help (1 Viewer)

jiminymacca

HSC
I've been doing past papers and I can't find the answers anywhere and just wanted a double check on one of my answers. I have to find the first derivative of (sin x) / (x +1) so far I have (cos x (x+1) - sin x)/(x+1)^2 I am unsure how to simplify further.

scumm

HSC
I'd leave it just like that. If it's from one of the past HSC papers, I can check the answer in my Success one book (only exams between 1992 - 2007)

jiminymacca

HSC
I thought to do the same thing but Microsoft Math (probably not the most reliable tool) came up with sinx/x(x+1) Its question 2a)ii) in paper 2006

alexvincent

HSC
I've been doing past papers and I can't find the answers anywhere and just wanted a double check on one of my answers. I have to find the first derivative of (sin x) / (x +1) so far I have (cos x (x+1) - sin x)/(x+1)^2 I am unsure how to simplify further.
To follow convention, put the (x+1) before cosx.

scumm

HSC
I thought to do the same thing but Microsoft Math (probably not the most reliable tool) came up with sinx/x(x+1) Its question 2a)ii) in paper 2006
Yeah, success one left it as (x+1).cosx - sinx on (x+1)^2. sorry bout the lag, my net's a bit dodgy tonight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)