difficulty of 2024 hsc? (1 Viewer)

WeiWeiMan

HSC
not sure if this should be considered here (or if someone has already asked this), but since the 2023 hsc is wrapping up, what do you 2023's think will be hard/easy for the next year's hsc?
3u is prob gonna be harder (I’m kinda pissed that I did kinda bad)
2u got a big backlash but personally I found it pretty reasonable, I’d expect similar difficulty next year or maybe a step up to around 2021 level
That’s all I did this year

he1nl

HSC
3u is prob gonna be harder (I’m kinda pissed that I did kinda bad)
2u got a big backlash but personally I found it pretty reasonable, I’d expect similar difficulty next year or maybe a step up to around 2021 level
That’s all I did this year
oh awesome! do you know why 2u got backlash? was it because it was harder than expected for its level or?

WeiWeiMan

HSC
oh awesome! do you know why 2u got backlash? was it because it was harder than expected for its level or?
I legit don’t know if I went into both 2022 and 2023 blind I would’ve done pretty similar I think. 2023 didn’t rly have any questions that required you to actually read the lore unlike the IQ thing from 2021 (2u)

2023 is harder than 2021, 2020 and I’d say roughly sample level, quite a bit more doable than 2022 I think. (3u)

souli

HSC
i think the hsc is gonna be harder, in that you can't prepare for essay subjects as much, they're gonna probs be more stringent with major works as well (they're becoming aware about stuff like chat so I def think they're gonna mark harder). And I think there's been a pattern that they're kinda shifting away from traditional, generic, easy questions to specific responses that can't be memorised for the HSC to try and make it more equitable and test the students, so I think it's gonna be more abstract in a way.

Last edited:

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
i think the hsc is gonna be harder, in that you can't prepare for essay subjects as much, they're gonna probs be more stringent with major works as well (they're becoming aware about stuff like chat so I def think they're gonna mark harder). And I think there's been a pattern that they're kinda shifting away from traditional, generic, easy questions to specific responses that can't be memorised for the HSC to try and make it more equitable and test the students, so I think it's gonna be more abstract in a way.
Agreed

C_master

HSC
That has already existed for the past 3 years... when they changed the syllabus or smth back in 2019

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)