Difficulty of achieving grades, how much? (1 Viewer)

spillargroove

HSC
I want to aim for a Distinction average this year and it's something I would like. Obviously, I am a First Year, how hard will it be achieving this? I want to put all efforts into my course though, I just don't know if D is reacheable...

klh

HSC
well, if you study hard adn know your stuff, it wont be hard. Remember to consult your unit outline carefully for the requirements of th assignment, usually they'll state what is needed fo each task in repect with the grade, so if you meet those requirements, than theyll tick it off and dish out the mark accordingly.
Also remeber that sometimes some assignemknts have different difficulty levels, for those who just want to pass and for those who wnat to achieve more, if choose the more difficult one if your aiming for more marks.
Some can study wiht less hours than other poeple, but it dpends on teh subject, i mean if its stats for instance, its really memorising formulas and aplying them to problems etc, but if its more like law or Arts and you need to be critical or write showing oyu understand and word it in an eloquent way, than thats whats needed.
You'll find out though after you finish your first semester and youll go phew, it wastn that bad after all. for first year, D is definately reachable if you focus, study and meet the criteria, so remember to read it thoroughly!

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
I think that apart from the obvious (putting in lots of work if you know you are not talented in a subject/s you are doing), the most important thing is to ignore all of the people who say crap like "omgz j00 must have ano life if you want/have a D average". Also ignore the people who make sarcastic comments like "you must explain this to me because I'm stupid, I'm only on a C average." The reason? Well it's because more often that not these are people who never have, and never will achieve a D average. They are just trying to deter you from achieving something which they can only dream of.

Someone doing a BE/BSc in a competitive cohort says that a D average is 'piss easy.' So it is clear that a D average is not anywhere as dependent on your course as some people try to suggest. Not achieving a D or above average is reflective of a lack of commitmen and/or a lack of ability. That is an unequivocal fact.

Now, before some P students start jumping down my throat let me say (even though I shouldn't need to), that not having a D average does not make you a lesser person. However, there is no denying that a D average is achievable for pretty much anyone who puts in lots of work.

spillargroove

HSC
Really good advice from you Benny and Klh. Look I didn't do as well as I should of last year for HSC and it's not because of the lack of my ability but I had the potential to achieve high, which I didn't. I don't know why aiming for Distinction isn't hard when I know I have the potential if I put in the effort. I think it's a particular waste now since last year that me or anyone who has the skills, they should aim for Distinction. It would be a waste. I mean if you want to get somewhere good it life, you have to put in work don't you?

I am doing Visual Communication so the work that probably will come my way is critical analysis but well creative and fun too.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think it really depends what subjects you are doing. I've always found sciencey subjects are far easier to get good marks in than humanities, which are all essay based. If you work hard, plan your time well and ask for help, you'll do fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)