difficulty of fins1613 final? (1 Viewer)

Jashua_Long

Banned
HSC
N/A
You guys had it easy. You take 4 tests and the worst is ignored. I didn't get that. I got like 3/10 for the first quiz, it would have been ignored if the course was according to the rules you have this semester.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
You guys had it easy. You take 4 tests and the worst is ignored. I didn't get that. I got like 3/10 for the first quiz, it would have been ignored if the course was according to the rules you have this semester.
=]

Jashua_Long

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah dude and i made a small error in question 3, and question 4 was related to the answer to question 3. so i lost 5 marks in the test and that translates to losing like 7 marks from my final score.

thats the difference between a distinction and a low credit. and all because of one small error. fml.
I am doing a course that only has 85 marks in total

Midsemester exam ---> paper was out of 30, but the weighting was 40%

Final exam ---> paper is going to be out of 40, but the weighting is 45%.

So, we are going to get a mark out of 100, that is only based on a mark out of 85. Allows massive viability with marks. Final mark I get will be much lower than it should be.

I am not sure if they scale the marks or not. I asked the tutor and he didn't know. He said that he thought they weren't scaled when he did it. Also, the lecturer sets quite hard exam questions (the sort where you have to do like 10 minutes of work to get 1 mark in the multiple choice section. Make 1 mistake and you have lost the 10 minutes and the mark). Lecturer is such a troll.

Plus, the midsemester exam was only 1.5 hours long, and the final exam is only going to be 2 hours long. Jesus, basically all of your marks are decided in 3.5 hours spread across two days.

Last edited:

halapenyo

HSC
Plus, the midsemester exam was only 1.5 hours long, and the final exam is only going to be 2 hours long. Jesus, basically all of your marks are decided in 3.5 hours spread across two days.
woah which course is this? hope its not a commerce course :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)