• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Difficulty of maths in Commerce degree at UNSW?????????????? (1 Viewer)

studlyf

HSC
hey guys,
next year im considering doing a commerce(majoring in marketing)/media (PR and advertising) degree at UNSW. I did maths in year 12 and am looking at getting 88-91 as my mark (although i did hardly any work for this subject as it wont count for my atar). On the UNSW website it says ext 1 maths is recommended knowledge. At uni i need/want a distinction average and i dont want the commerce half of my degree to let me down. my question is.. how hard is the maths in a commerce degree majoring in marketing? any advice is appreciated, thanks :)

crazy_paki123

HSC
for commerce, the recommended level of HSC Maths should be normal 2-Unit Mathematics :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Also, once you get past first year subjects, apart from market research subjects, there's very little math involved in a marketing degree.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You should be fine, but it really depends on what major you choose. You'll have to do stats in first year i believe and that is usually just subbing into formulas and some basic calculus.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Your majors wouldn't be really math heavy i think, seeing as its marketing. I think that assumed knowledge is for other majors in the commerce course, mainly economics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)