Digital Cameras (1 Viewer)

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
I'm looking @ getting a digital camera - my price range is up to arround about $625.

I'm currently impressed by the FujiFilm S5600 (http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05072802fuji_s5200zs5600z.asp)
but I'm looking for recomendations. That Fuji cam retails for about $500.
Compact cameras are no big deal, but I'd like somthing with a fairly decent quality as I do alot of web design work and I aim to use this camera for personal and work use.

Any suggestions or comments on brands, the camera I speak of above, or any other cameras will be much appreciated.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I usually prefer Canon digital cameras. I've been longing for a Canon S2-IS for awhile now. Retailing for about $700, it's got a 5MP sensor boasting a whopping 12x Optical Zoom with Image Stabilizer. Overall, image quality is pretty good for this camera which has a relatively quality lenses and sensor. Another thing, you can double this up as a digital video camera. Have you guys seen the quality of this thing? It's mindblowing, for a digicam. It records upto quality VGA res with stereo sound.. and the timer is unlimited (until your SD card runs out of memory, that is). Whilst not a SLR camera, the S2 does feature a plethora of features present in professional SLR.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I have a canon Powershot A70. Its really good! there is a newer model now though., I dont know how much different it is but my one can film as well and do effects and stuff and you can adhust lighting put it on a timer etc..

Ill talk to you more about it later Im on a hurry.

bye

Collin

HSC
N/A
flipsyde said:
I have a canon Powershot A70. there is a newer model now though., I dont know how much different it is but my one can film as well and do effects and stuff and you can adhust lighting put it on a timer etc..

Ill talk to you more about it later Im on a hurry.

bye
There's a few newer models now over the A70 actually. A75, A80, A85 & A95. You're probably referring to aperture/shutter speed priority modes, or perhaps exposure settings when you're in P(rogram) mode.. and most mid-range entry level cameras have them nowadays.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I'm wth JKDDragon on the Canon S2is Powershot, it is a brilliant camera (my mate has the S1is - superseuded model).
Definately go for Canon if you can, their cameras are faster than most brands (shutterwise) and the quality is excellent. try and get the highest megapixel + decent optical zoom you can afford, if you're into that.
I started personally with the powershot A60, a great little camera cuz i got it early last year. now i have a digital SLR, its wunderbar...but yeah, definately get a Canon!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i will also agree with the canon s2is ... its better than both the sony and the panasonic which it competes with ... it is the best camera on teh market for the money ... if size isnt an issue i recommend to buy this camera ive seen this camera for about $650, although i think www.fluidtek.com.au has the best price ...

Last edited:

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
yeah I agree with that also, but I cant say much about it which is y I told them the type of camera that I had. But yeah Id go with ^^^ that one also

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)