Digital works -are they overdone?? (1 Viewer)

Jesykka

HSC
So photography and digital manipulation seems to be 'the in thing' at the moment. I intend to use these in my BOW along with what seems to be a large amount of other HSC Visual arts students.
Sooooooo I was thinking, digital works allow for artists to produce a variety of works differing imensely from others (as do most other mediums) but really, in terms of the variety and uniqueness that Artexpress and the like will be looking for, is it possible to produce a work in digital medium so skilfully that it will differ this much from the hundreds of other works in this form?
In reality, wouldn't you think that a sculpture or painting would stick out and draw attention among the masses of digital works??
Anyone else think it could be a benefit to to avoid the trend of digital media this year??
(Not that I'm going to change, I'll stick with what I know best thanks) :p

P.s. I'm tired and sick so I appologise in advance for the lack of sense and logic that I'm sure I'll discover when I re-read this tommorrow. Also for the many spelling, puntuation and grammatical errors that you're bound to find.
Man I feel sick. Erk.

Robbeh

HSC
Digi-media isn't the biggest workshop @ our school, 2D (drawing/painting) is!

Well markers will surely notice the skills of artist in painting/sculpture because they are time-tested mediums. However digital works bring in a new factor, they can not only challenge realism, but challenge the challenges put forth by the non-representational artists. :D

In any case, I sit next to a guy who is an absolute genius when it comes to art. My tutor teacher collects this guy's scribbles and hangs them on the wall. When the guy becomes the next Picasso, these will be worth millions. He's great with pencil, ink, paint -- but he chose digital.

I haven't a clue what the conclusion to this post is. :|

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Do what you want to do and what you're comfortable with. If it's good, nobody will mind what medium it is :)

Hope that helps

backstreet51

definitely maybe.
HSC
cbadvanced said:
Do what you want to do and what you're comfortable with. If it's good, nobody will mind what medium it is
Yeah. If your skills are good in the medium, you'll stand out. I don't think it's much to do with what medium stands out.

I hope anyway, haha. I'm using photography/digital manipulation.

Last edited:

biggie walls

HSC
use media your comfortable with... but don't be afraid to experiment - some things that look hard can be easy... mix it up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)