• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dilemma: MACQ or USYD (1 Viewer)

KarmaKitten

HSC
Lol, what's there not to love :) With its beautiful sandstone buildings and incredibly slack admin that take forever to reply to an email, I'm definitely in! USyd is really good for artsy subjects apparently.

But yeah, I agree with ya, taking the MACQ option provides a safety net. I would hate to be in this position. :spin:
Pretty sandstone buildings will be of no use to you when you graduate and you realise you made the wrong degree choice!

Path2Felicity

HSC
N/A
Postgrad law one year?Personally, I think its silly to waste a chance into a combined Law degree because of some romantic notion of Sydney Uni.
I completely agree with you, declining an offer into the combined Law program at Macquarie is probably not one of the smarter decisions I'll be making this year. It should have been my safety net. However, I have done so and I'm hoping to work really hard to do a combined Law degree at USYD, or perhaps graduate law.

Thanks all, I hope everyone succeeds in their studies and goals for this year. :)

rx34

HSC
Best of luck OP. Even if you don't get a successful transfer into 2nd year at USyd, you can try in later years. Or even try 2nd year at UNSW. Tah.

Path2Felicity

HSC
N/A
Best of luck OP. Even if you don't get a successful transfer into 2nd year at USyd, you can try in later years. Or even try 2nd year at UNSW. Tah.
Thank-you, I do hope I am as successful as you in securing a place. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)