Dilemma! Which course to choose (1 Viewer)

yma

HSC
Okay, so my ATAR result is 92.15 ( kind of expected).
1) I have already got an offer from Sydney university's E12 program and I have secured a place in the commerce single degree.
2) however, the degree I really want to do is something that has both commerce and arts. I really like USYD so B commerce (literal studies) is ideal for me. BUT, the cutoff for this degree last year was 98. My atars 92.15. I have applied for EAS and they say the bonus points will not exceed 5. That means my maximum mark will be no more than 97.15. Do you guise think that this years cutoff for literal studies commerce will be lower? Is my chance getting into this course big?
3) there is another course in USYD called commerce/arts. But it takes 5 YEARS! I would definitely choose that if it only takes 4 years like unsw. The ATAR cutoff at USYD was only 95 and the one at unsw was 96.3. I got band 6 in both of my 2u and 3u Maths so I have gained 4 bonus points with unsw's bonus points program. With my additional EAS bonus points, I think my chance of getting into the course is pretty big. But I don't really like unsw.

What should I do??????? Soooo frustrated

Also, when I accept an offer for bachelor of commerce from USYD in the January first round, will I still be considered for other courses at USYD in the main round afterwards?

Sorry for the long complicated post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hatake88

HSC
Okay, so my ATAR result is 92.15 ( kind of expected).
1) I have already got an offer from Sydney university's E12 program and I have secured a place in the commerce single degree.
2) however, the degree I really want to do is something that has both commerce and arts. I really like USYD so B commerce (literal studies) is ideal for me. BUT, the cutoff for this degree last year was 98. My atars 92.15. I have applied for EAS and they say the bonus points will not exceed 5. That means my maximum mark will be no more than 97.15. Do you guise think that this years cutoff for literal studies commerce will be lower? Is my chance getting into this course big?
3) there is another course in USYD called commerce/arts. But it takes 5 YEARS! I would definitely choose that if it only takes 4 years like unsw. The ATAR cutoff at USYD was only 95 and the one at unsw was 96.3. I got band 6 in both of my 2u and 3u Maths so I have gained 4 bonus points with unsw's bonus points program. With my additional EAS bonus points, I think my chance of getting into the course is pretty big. But I don't really like unsw.

What should I do??????? Soooo frustrated

Also, when I accept an offer for bachelor of commerce from USYD in the January first round, will I still be considered for other courses at USYD in the main round afterwards?

Sorry for the long complicated post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think you have a chance of getting it but then again I know of a guy who got 94.4 and didn't get into commerce (cut-off of 95).

You can always transfer after first year if you go to UNSW & even Usyd commerce/arts is a good degree(s).

Also, yes, you will still get offers during the main round even if you accept now. Just make sure to delete your preference which you got the offer from off UAC or put it behind your other preferences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)