Dilemna! (1 Viewer)

jellybelly59

HSC
well... im not in a very academic school despite what my vice principal constantly says... i was planning to drop extension mathematics... the problem is if i do drop it i'll have to change to another class where academic morale is on an all time low... i feel as if i do drop i'll fall into the slow and laggy momentum of the class... my marks aren't bad in extension (7th with 91%) but i want to relieve my workload and focus on doing the best i can in 2 unit... under these circumstances would any of you still drop it?

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
umm...
keep it for a bit longer and see how you go.
you can still drop it at the end of yr 11 if you still want to

michael1990

HSC
Don't drop if you're doing well. Just try and work out ways that you can best allocate your time.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
well... im not in a very academic school despite what my vice principal constantly says... i was planning to drop extension mathematics... the problem is if i do drop it i'll have to change to another class where academic morale is on an all time low... i feel as if i do drop i'll fall into the slow and laggy momentum of the class... my marks aren't bad in extension (7th with 91%) but i want to relieve my workload and focus on doing the best i can in 2 unit... under these circumstances would any of you still drop it?
Jellybelly, if I were in your shoes right now, I wouldn't drop it. I was exactly thinking the same as you, that if I should drop extension maths and just beat everyone at my school in 2U maths, whilst relieving my workload and doing well in other subjects as well. Why not in Year 12 pick up 4U maths and reap the benefits, since you're doing so well in 3U atm? Or even staying with 3U will be fine.

It's up to you, my subjective opinion though :).

jpcg

HSC
jellybelly59 said:

I had the same dilemma as you when I was in year 11 although it was for chemistry. I was coming 2nd and my marks were good but I wanted to relieve the workload. Thank god i listened to my careers advisor who told me to stay with it until yr 12 and in the end I hated 4U maths and dropped that instead of chem.

Point of my story is you should keep it for now especially since it obviously does not seem to be affecting ur studies as much. Wait till next year where everything starts to count and see if it can relieve your studies. But if your doing well in maths ext, (and depending on how well your other subjects scale and how well you're doing in it) i would keep it because it scales sooo much better than mathematics on its own no matter how good you are in 2 unit.

Hope that helps!

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
If your marks in extension aren't bad, you shouldn't be dropping it. 3U is a good scaling subject, and anybody who is capable of doing it should do it.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Keep. It. :)

Why drop down to 2U maths if you're perfectly capable of doing well in 3U? Even if it was able to relieve your workload and allow you to focus more on other subjects, would the benefit of spending more time on those subjects actually be worth being stuck in a class full of umm... slow people...?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I have a suggestion though - don't be up around this time. :p

Nah, seriously - don't drop it - you're not doing horribly in it, so it's all good.

jellybelly59

HSC
lol as if aerath... im studying for a 2 unit test... i had an adequate amount of sleep... LOL sydney boys is heaps far eh?.... i always see u on when im studying LOL pfftt... ur probably up this time ALL the time LOL

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
jellybelly59 said:
lol as if aerath... im studying for a 2 unit test... i had an adequate amount of sleep... LOL sydney boys is heaps far eh?.... i always see u on when im studying LOL pfftt... ur probably up this time ALL the time LOL
Yeah, I leave home at like.....7. But now's like my 'study time' [or if I've already completed my homework, like today, it's my bludge/BoS/whatever time]. I get to Central at about....7.55, and hang around there, waiting for my friends til about 8.30 (some of my friends are on my train, but we wait for our entire group before we get on the buses to school).

Except Tuesdays, when I have morning classes, I'm outta here at about 6.15.

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Yeah, I leave home at like.....7. But now's like my 'study time' [or if I've already completed my homework, like today, it's my bludge/BoS/whatever time]. I get to Central at about....7.55, and hang around there, waiting for my friends til about 8.30 (some of my friends are on my train, but we wait for our entire group before we get on the buses to school).

You wake up early and you also leave early. What time do you have dinner/sleep/breakfast/freshen up for day etc. ?

H4rdc0r3

HSC
Aerath said:

How can you do work in the morning!!! crazy!!! I wake up drowsy and usually miss my train so the late train becomes my normal train.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Aerath said:

Whoa that sounds like the school I used to go to,
left at 7:05 home at 5:30.
Not the ideal day.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
You wake up early and you also leave early. What time do you have dinner/sleep/breakfast/freshen up for day etc. ?
I have early dinners, whenever my mother is home. Usually about 5pm. I sleep around 10-11 every night. I wake up at about 5am (give or take 15 mins), and then I take a shower. I then get a coffee from Gloria Jeans (which opens at about 5.30). That's my only breakfast - I don't have a real breakfast.

h4rdc0r3 said:
How can you do work in the morning!!! crazy!!! I wake up drowsy and usually miss my train so the late train becomes my normal train.
Well, guess why I'm never late to morning class, Simon, unlike others. ;)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
I have early dinners, whenever my mother is home. Usually about 5pm. I sleep around 10-11 every night. I wake up at about 5am (give or take 15 mins), and then I take a shower. I then get a coffee from Gloria Jeans (which opens at about 5.30). That's my only breakfast - I don't have a real breakfast.
The cost of coffee everyday should add up a significant economic loss on your part, by the end of your schooling life.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
The cost of coffee everyday should add up a significant economic loss on your part, by the end of your schooling life.
Yeah, well, people lose money on breakfast.:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)