Dillemma!! (1 Viewer)

redom

HSC
ahh the hsc pressure is kinda kicking in now!! and im not sure whether i should drop a subject or not.... well i doo maths ext 1 &2, eco, bst , eng adv and phys rite now.....but im really thinking abt dropping phys!!

now the dillema is....i kinda killed physics(96 and 1st), eco(99) and business(97) in yr 11...but not soo much maths.....& dropping 4unit isnt an option as i got my heart set on being an actuary...and + its the most intersting:).........

is dropping physics a crazy idea?....its lots of work, quite interesting....but still its too much to do whilst doing 4unit!....and i figure i goota drop something sooner rather then latter, or im jst wasting my time!!...i find doing 12 units quite pointless if ur confident...and a good option if u feel u might stuff something up, which *HOPEFULLY* wont happen to me!!

what do u think?...drop or keep...or drop something else?....

any ideas appreciated:)

IceOnFire

HSC
redom said:
ahh the hsc pressure is kinda kicking in now!! and im not sure whether i should drop a subject or not.... well i doo maths ext 1 &2, eco, bst , eng adv and phys rite now.....but im really thinking abt dropping phys!!

now the dillema is....i kinda killed physics(96 and 1st), eco(99) and business(97) in yr 11...but not soo much maths.....& dropping 4unit isnt an option as i got my heart set on being an actuary...and + its the most intersting:).........

is dropping physics a crazy idea?....its lots of work, quite interesting....but still its too much to do whilst doing 4unit!....and i figure i goota drop something sooner rather then latter, or im jst wasting my time!!...i find doing 12 units quite pointless if ur confident...and a good option if u feel u might stuff something up, which *HOPEFULLY* wont happen to me!!

But physics scales so high!!! *Drools*

Lols, seriously it's all up to you. If you want to drop something that doesn't scale as well, I would suggest Business Studies. But all your marks are so high... you crazy, CRAZY person. ;)

In physics you have to understand a lot of concepts, which may be hard for some. If you think it will affect your performance in 4unit maths, then drop it since I think 4unit is a pre-requiste for acturial studies.

Well good luck whatever you do!! :)

redom

HSC
yeah i was considering dropping business....but i think my teacher will throw me out the window...and its like an easy way to get high marks...i like crammed the night before and got 97...whilst in phys i spent about 2 months studying....since term 3 started and spent loads of time and got around tht again.

and another off-putting factor!! my phys class is smart...average is like ok...and there will be a few b6's......whilst business...the class average is like 40% and everyone did poorly...nxt guy is like 70%ish.....

AHHHH!! streeeeeessssed!! *sigh*

if only i could do maths and eco....hsc would be kinda fun!

IceOnFire

HSC
I am actually doing the EXACT same subjects as you.. hahaha just not with your good marks. :p

Well drop business, because the rest of your class will probably bring you down. However, since you are first, then hmmmm....

I always thought if your whole class do well, then all your marks will be boosted up and therefore you will be all happy.. :)

DROP BUSINESS!!!

Meh.. or you can just try it for the rest the term and decide to drop something next year?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I agree, drop business studies.

And no, I'm not biased at all :rolleyes:

But seriously, I wouldn't mind having 12 units with the marks that you've been getting for them. I suppose that if you have to drop a subject, then drop the one you think is not as interesting, or the one which you would think you would put the least effort in.

Agywaggy

HSC
1. DO NOT Stress, YET!!!! You haven't even gotten to the harder sections of year 12 yet. Soz to remind you.
2. Your marks are BRILLANT!!! Your so Smart, that i realli envy your marks.
3. Maybe drop the subject you least like? I personally wouldn't do 10 units but that just my personal opinion. If your confident which it looks like you are looking at your marks, I think 10 units would be enough for you. But like you said the earlier you realise you don't want to the subject the better, cuz there realli isn't any point doing a subject you don't like, cuz you won't enjoy it and won't do the work for it, you'd be just wasting your time.
At the end of the day, its YOUR decision so make it how u want it to be, cuz you have a goal you want to achieve and it would be a pitty but u didn't reach that goal ( not saying you won't), especially keeping those marks up.

HSC
if u say dropping maths isn't an option, then i'd stick with the subjects u got,

u produced some awesome marks there, if u reproduce those in the hsc, well lets just say a high UAI is on the cards, very high

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
redom said:

Holy crap, nice marks.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
What's wrong with doing 12 units? :D You know, you won't necessarily get higher marks for the 10 units that's gonna count if you just do 10 instead of 12 :p

yosemite sam

HSC
although if you had to study for months to get a 96 (damn good effort if i do say so myself) but could cram over a couple of days and pull a 97 in business, maybe it would be better for your own state of mind to drop physics, which involves a buttload more work so that your 4u mark will be better? cos really, if your marks are that good for all your subjects, then youre obviously putting in the work (and unbelievable smart), but why would you want to in more work than you really need to when you know the hsc you want is easily within your reach? thats why im only doing 10u cos i know that i can get the 70 i need easily...not being egotistical or whatever, but yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)