Diploma in Innovation Management: worth it? (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
So I got those emails informing me of this program which runs concurrently with a Science degree, and the more I think about it, the more appealing it seems to be... though I'm not sure how much relevence it has to a MATH major.

Website: http://www.eis.unsw.edu.au/future/futureindex.asp#Undergrad

What are your thoughts? Any of you upper year scientists done/doing it?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Isn't COFA all about teaching "creativity"? lol

Perhaps it's more along the lines of challenging and encouraging. :p

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Two of my friends are/were doing it. One dropped it because it's too demanding to do it along with normal load (and quite expensive). The other completed half of the diploma and don't want to do it anymore, but will finish it after Honours (apparently the units within the diploma are killing his WAM)...

It's good to have it along with your degree but I don't see the point since I'm into research not management and I don't want to have more HECS burden. :)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Yeah...it runs in practically all winter and summer sessions, not to mention, in the application form it asks if you're willing to stay behind during normal session periods from 5-7pm, which is too demanding for a science student.

Wow...sounds pretty hard from Survivor's opinion. Is it of any use really though?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
It might be useful if you're doing a straight science degree and want more skills I suppose

Everyone I know who did it is fairly 'meh' about it and most of them transferred to Comm/Sci anyway

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Hmm, ok. Thanks for the input guys. :) I think I'll head along to the information session (Tuesday the 8th for any other interested second-years) to get their side of the story before making a choice, though.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Sooo has anyone opted in for this diploma?

I think another issue is that we need to take BIOT3071 & BIOT3091 as overloads or course electives to our B Sci Program. Has anyone done these before? i.e. Biotech people?

After reading the study plans, we also need to do 2 INOV-based 3 UOC courses in Sem 1 & 2 respectively in our 3rd year of science program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)