Directions to Building 6 (1 Viewer)

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
I am totally lost as ytot how to get there. The instructions on the UTS website sound simple but i still don't know which way to go, my direction sense so so poor. Can anyone please help in posting step by step instructions to get there?
I don't even know which exit to take from central station. :eek: :(

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ok, I'll give you some REALLY easy directions from Railway Square (the bus terminal at Central Station).

From Railway Square, cross George Street so you are on the opposite side to Central Station. This side is where all the City-bound buses stop, it also has many fast food outlets (McDonalds, Subway, etc). Facing Central Station (and the bus island) turn right and head down Broadway. After minute or two you will happen upon an intersection with a Co-Op Bookshop on the other side. Welcome to the UTS compound! At this intersection do not cross the street but turn right and head down Harris St. On Harris you will find Building 6, with a big helpful "UTS ENROLMENT --->" sign and a representative of the Campus Christian Fellowship. If you go too far you will find the ABC building, just turn around and go back.

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
Thanks Lexicographer, that really helps! :p I'm going to try going there today, so I can familiarise myself before enrolment, thanks again... i'm so useless with directions. :(

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The walk from Railway Square to Building 6 (Peter Johnson) should take no more than 10 minutes, 15 if you are very short and drag your feet. :)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
10 minutes? more like 3, i think. i do this journey most lunchtimes. and i like my way better, you get to cross the footbridge.

1. rock up to front of that ugly, ugly tower building
2. turn right just before you go in the door, and go past that ugly, ugly statue of monkeys doing their thing
3. follow the footpath round the corner of the tower building. it should go left.
4. keep walking. don't go into the science or humanities buildings.
5. at this point you should be on the harris st. footbridge. follow this over the road and you'll walk straight into building 6. you'll be on level 4, near a big outdoor area with a cafe. lexicographer's way gets you to 2 sets of stairs, one that goes to level 3 and a longer one that goes to the cafe on level 4. it's just as valid i suppose, but my way has a bridge.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah, but your way means more walking from Central. Yours is better coming from Broadway though.

Your three minute estimate is probably better than mine, but I don't time myself and I figured it was better to err on the longer side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)