Directors Folio (1 Viewer)

belpen

I'm not entirely sure I quite understood the weight of the work involved with directors folio...anyone else having issues?
Cheers
Bel

Peartie

HSC
I'm not.....we had 2 hand it in last term then we got it back 2 adjust it then we get hand it in again then back to adjust then to the BOS.....If you work on it piece by piece it shouldnt b that hard.....The hardest bit im finding is remaining withing the 3500 words :(

smithica

HSC
i no what u mean about the word limit, it's really killing me. i can't compress my ideas in some sections to just 200 or 300 word limits, it's especially hard in the design concepts because once you get started you just don't want to leave any of your ideas out. my df is on meat party and theres just so much to discuss in such a small space.does anyone know how strict the word limit will be?

Peartie

HSC
Im doing MP as well

I was told that usually they only allow 1 or 2 hundred words extra but rarely...you should try and get it within the word count because it is meant to be concise and informative...what scenes are you doing?

Peartie

HSC
How is everyone going?

I had 2 hand in my 2nd one for marking today....hope i do well....

Peartie

HSC
yay

got 25 for it...thats an improvement

one of the teachers gave me 27 and the other 23.....such a discrepency in the marking! someone else at my school had like a 10 mark discrepency!

csacky

HSC
Peartie said:
Im doing MP as well

I was told that usually they only allow 1 or 2 hundred words extra but rarely...you should try and get it within the word count because it is meant to be concise and informative...what scenes are you doing?
are we only supposed to focus on specific scenes? i have been working on the entire play, and just giving brief outlines of each scene of each act, which is in total 6 acts all together.

Peartie

HSC
You should do an in depth analysis of 2 specific scenes and an outline of the play (u can do more than 2 if u want but i was told specific set details and why this is an important part in the play etc.....

It just shows u have an understanding of the important moments in the play and how u are going to present this to the audience. If you put in detail about every scene how are u going to talk about ALL the aspects that you need to talk about within 3500 words?

(the aspects being:
• a 300-word rationale in the form of a director’s concept/vision (see page 32)
• a comprehensive discussion of the director’s concept/vision integrating the dramatic and theatrical elements
• descriptions and explanations of key theatrical elements, features, effects or images which contribute to dramatic meaning
• an analysis of the text and discussion of the research that has influenced the ideas for the production
• an outline of the design concepts for set, costumes and lighting
• a discussion of the approach to working with actors in rehearsal
• a statement about the intended experience for the audience )

csacky

HSC
do the marking guidelines or the syllabus state that you have to do 2 specific scenes? what i have been doing is giving a brief outline of the design concepts of set, costumes and lighting for ALL 6 scenes. then i went to discuss all the elements / techniques i used in the part that says "description and explanation of key theatrical elements... ". then i went on to say how they contribute to the overall effect / meaning of the play.

i said that all scenes serve their own purpose and that all are important, since its such a short play. i went on to state the purpose of each and went on with my explanation, saying how it backs up the purpose.

to show my a detailed knowledge of the play i carefully deconstructed the play in the analysis and discussion part. any important moments in the play i would mention. like i'd say something like "the purpose of this scene is .... to show this, this theatrical element has been used. this particular part of the scene is highly important to the play's meaning as it ...."

as for word count, i've been doing well (refer to my other post in the other thread). that is how i spread my work out to cover all the parts of the folio and meet with the criteria of the marking guidelines.

Peartie

HSC
Our teacher said that they would prefer an outline saying what the basic set is, what costumes look like for the characters and lights wouldbe used to this effectblah blah balh THEN they like to see 2 or 3 scenes in depth that show that
1/ you know what the PLAY and these SCENES mean and
2/ You can create an image on stage in this set

dany_starlet

HSC
I've found it really hard to stay in the 3500 word guidelines.

With the play analysis, did you guys include an analysis of each individual character?

How did you guys lay out your Folio? Did you include headings like...

"Costume, Set design, Lighting etc" ??

Peartie

HSC
I used headings that were most the syllabus points

in doing this the markers are happy because it is easier to find and mark off the points that uve done them = (in some markers) better mindset = higher (?) marks

some of them I have split up such as : Design Concepts for Lighting
Design concepts for Stage
etc

But all good

Peartie

HSC
I know...finished and done...i was re-reading it 2day to actually c what i had handed in and realised a bit didn't make absolute sense...o well...

smithica

HSC
I also did the play as awhole.... i tried rite at the beginning to do one or two scenes in detail but found i was talking non stop about the entire effect throughout, it worked quite well in the end....... what elements of m/p did u bring forth to make it stand out?

WikiLover89

HSC
hey just starting my Director folio and wondering if any1 has done it on Everyman or "As You like it"
Any help that can be provided will be greatly appriecated
Thanks in Advance

melio89

HSC
WikiLover89 said:
hey just starting my Director folio and wondering if any1 has done it on Everyman or "As You like it"
Any help that can be provided will be greatly appriecated
Thanks in Advance
I am currently doing everyman ... whats up ... if you need any help that i could possibly give you ... just message me or whatever happens here. So far my journel is like 150 pages of research and stuff and im going to start my next one pretty soon ... i dont think i will be able to fit everything in ... OOPS!!!

WikiLover89

HSC
Ok what would be a good start for the research. what vision did you use for a everyman?

ke2004

HSC
Production

Hey for drama I'm doing the Poster, promotion, program IP thingie... and im doing "Everyman" as my text. Am I going to lose marks if I havent used complex computer graphics or whatever for it?? also, I had the idea of doing it with heaps of photoes of peoples faces BUT then James Blu nt brought out his stupid new CD and the cover of it was nearly the same as I wanted to design my poster!!!!!! Can i still do it or not???

becca-bee

HSC
Re: Production

i went to on stage this week, and was devo to see that no directors folios were on display.. although there were other IPs on the same play that i am doing (summer rain) but it was just not the same....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)