Discover Discovery – a guide from a 99+ student (1 Viewer)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Any questions related to discovery-feel free to ask here :)

angoxox

HSC
I have my first speech task on Monday, and I'm in the process of finding quotes and suitable thesis points.
The assessment question is: Embracing the opportunities we have to discover or rediscover ourselves is the key to self-awareness
." How is this point of view represented in your set text and one other text of your choosing? ( Max 4 mins- suggested word limit 650 words)

Our core is the Tempest, and I've chosen the Perks of being a Wallflower film. I've decided to address emotional discovery, self-revenge/ awareness and reconciliation. Does anyone have any extended ideas for addressing the question about the two text types?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I have my first speech task on Monday, and I'm in the process of finding quotes and suitable thesis points.
The assessment question is: Embracing the opportunities we have to discover or rediscover ourselves is the key to self-awareness
." How is this point of view represented in your set text and one other text of your choosing? ( Max 4 mins- suggested word limit 650 words)

Our core is the Tempest, and I've chosen the Perks of being a Wallflower film. I've decided to address emotional discovery, self-revenge/ awareness and reconciliation. Does anyone have any extended ideas for addressing the question about the two text types?
Firstly, I would advise you to start preparing for assessment tasks earlier than 3 days before it is actually due.
Secondly, choosing texts that you are confident of talking about is important, I feel like you have chosen the related text before you are confident you can analyse it.
Thirdly, you can have two thesis addressing both parts of the question, one on how embracing opportunities we have to discover ourselves is the key to self-awareness, and the other is about embracing opportunities we have to rediscover ourselves, you can then specify the type of opportunities, or the circumstances under which such opportunities arise.

DontCallMeYoshiko

HSC
Thank you so much! I've been struggling with this concept and this will assist me greatly coming up to assessment season!

Olmiester

HSC
Hey strawberrye,
Got an assessment coming up. Need a complex idea regarding discovery to construct my thesis around. Any suggestions/tips? :haha:

P.S You're a genius

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Hey strawberrye,
Got an assessment coming up. Need a complex idea regarding discovery to construct my thesis around. Any suggestions/tips? :haha:

P.S You're a genius
Do you have a sample thesis?

Olmiester

HSC
Unprovoked discoveries can prove to have the most significant impact on an individual. These discoveries can offer renewed perceptions of the past, awaken us to new perspectives of the present, and enable us to speculate on future possibilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)