Discovery creative help (1 Viewer)

horse9996

HSC
My creative is about a child moving overseas, and I need to show the discovery more however I'm struggling at figuring out what that is and how do to that. Any ideas?

horse9996

HSC
Maybe try and focus on how she is feeling and her contemplation on what she's leaving behind. I guess it kind of depends on how long she's leaving, why she's leaving etc.

My discovery idea/concept/whatever is like transformative and new/renewed perceptions, that sort of thing. How can I represent this?

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
My discovery idea/concept/whatever is like transformative and new/renewed perceptions, that sort of thing. How can I represent this?
I'm not the best at English, so maybe someone else can help out better, but try and focus on the type of attitude your character has beforehand. Mainly negative characteristics. Is she ungrateful? Is she lazy, self-centred? etc. Then have some sort of a trigger of what makes her self-aware of these characteristics (which hence gives her a renewed perception of the way she must act and of family members/how she treats people). This could be some sort of recurring motif or some other passenger, or a little kid with his family etc. And then she can contemplate on how this affects her life, and how it relates to what she has experienced. Finally, something can happen that makes her show this renewed attitude. Say, maybe (this might be cliche but I'm not sure), someone drops something, or some mother is having a hard time finding her luggage because she's got so many children around her etc. and this child (not sure exactly the age, if she's not a teen it can be something else) helps her out or something like that. Otherwise, I guess it could finish on the contemplation and a closing thought that ties back to a motif (I've been told teachers love that). Hopefully this helps with what you're looking for and all the best with your exams :)

tl;dr: attitude (with e.g. - usually through flashback) -> trigger (event that causes character to contemplate and visualise their flaws) -> change (in previous attitude - usually shown through the character's mental application to a situation OR an event that causes them to put this renewed understanding into action)
apply this to a variety of attitudes if need be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)