Discovery Creative Writing Help (1 Viewer)

appleibeats

HSC
My mate had a sibling who wrote a story like 5 years ago and used it in the hsc. He says he's going to use the same one but tweak it to Discovery of course.

I am worried that I should I advise him not to.
But its been so many years, and there are so many creative each year, isn't it like over 70 000 people who sit the english paper 1 and the markers would have changed presumably. ( but i read it gets marked by 11 markers ??)

Should I tell him not to???

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
I'm guessing there's not much chance he'd get in trouble.

baktiar77

HSC
Our english teachers claim creative writing (as well as essays) get marked twice and average given however if there is significant difference (I'm guessing +/-2 or more) then a third teacher marks and so on.

Very unlikely they'll recognise an original story from 5 years back, just double check sites like HSCintheholidays, scribd, studymode etc. tht his brother didn't plagiarise or upload to those websites.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Honestly, for future reference it's silly to copy a creative word for word as the exams are becoming really specific and it's becoming increasingly difficult to use a creative word for word.

You should encourage him to learn discovery and write his own, tell him he can be inspired by the description as it's actually perfectly fine to, I mean I borrowed descriptions from books I found to be nice (obviously phrasing them completely differently)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)