Discovery in "To kill a mockingbird" (1 Viewer)

FC ATAR

HSC
Hello.

So I'm reading this book and trying to make links to discovery but its hard to find quotes.. Can anyone help?

Please..

Thanks.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
If you're having a hard time with To Kill a Mockingbird, why not look for something else?

Poems are often rich textual forms where you can analyse aural techniques that make discovery palpable for the responders.

FC ATAR

HSC
If you're having a hard time with To Kill a Mockingbird, why not look for something else?

Poems are often rich textual forms where you can analyse aural techniques that make discovery palpable for the responders.
I want variety (prescribed text's are poems). I know discovery is embedded in the novel but I'm struggling to identify it.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Well, I studied the novel in Year 10, so I could help you out a little bit.

Harper Lee's novel, To Kill a Mockingbird, focuses on the development of the two main protagonists Scout and Jem Finch. Not only does the novel reflect the concerns of the time (e.g. racism), but also deals with the maturing mind-set of Scout and Jem. For example, the part of the book that deals with mockingbirds (the shooting them part, too ceebs to quote). They call it a sin to kill a mockingbird because it does nothing but sing. Similarly, at the end of the novel when Tom Ewell was about to arrested, Scout says that "it would be like killing a mockingbird". This is important because Scout saw Tom as some sort of antagonistic figure before, when in fact he saved her life. This could be Scout's discovery on how innocence appears in different forms.

Just one of the scenes that I could think off the top of my head. Plenty to analyse, this is a part of the English Canon. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)