HSC
N/A
Hey

Does anyone know what this metaphor means

'Some trips are more than distance travelled in miles'

This is an extract from An Age of License by Lucy Knisley

Thank U
Help would be appreciated
lol this is journeys, it means the trip is sometimes more than just getting from one place to another, and the important part of each trip is the experiences and understandings you gain throughout the journey

ijustwannapass

HSC
Does anyone have advice on how to pull techniques out of thin air? I'm tossing between about three texts and can't seem to get enough techniques from any to use for a written response and speech.

Riebourne

HSC
I'm using The Catcher In The Rye - J.D Salinger as one of my related texts :) You could check it out

helloimyellow

HSC
I used "Yearbook", a short film by Bernardo Britto as a related text for Robert Gray's poems (Flames and Dangling Wire and Late Ferry). Off the top of my head, I remember I said they were similar by their ability to show that discoveries can transform our perceptions, but they were different because while Gray's two poems talked about changing our views of society, Yearbook also added that discovery can change our views of ourselves and relationships with others. Got me a 14/15 in trials so the bs was ok i guess

Raze747

HSC
usually "contrast" works well anywhere.
You can then think of the devices of contrast, such as: juxtaposition, oxymoron, antithesis, etc..

ayshxo

HSC
hey guys i related material for swallow the air (discovery) if anyone could help me ASAP would appreciate it

HSCis_superhard

HSC
Hi I'm doing Pathways this is my first term. I have my first assessment task I have to choose a text related to discovery and I chose Don McLean's Vincent starry starry night song and now I'm stuck. It is due back Friday if anyone has any links or notes I could look at id appreciate that.
Thanks in advance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)