Distinction Courses~?? (1 Viewer)

jet

Banned
HSC
This isn't a distinction course. That's a completely different course called mind and morality, which has nothing to do with the distinction course program.

The philosophy students have already started :p

itszen

HSC
One which you complete faster than the rest of your year. Generally gifted and talented students complete a course a year ahead of everyone else by accelerating.
Can you give me an example? Would Society and Culture be one? By reading this forum . Philosophy sounds interesting !

jet

Banned
HSC
Reasonably well is about 90+ in the subject you accelerated in. There have been some high-80's students but don't count on getting in with that mark.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Reasonably well is about 90+ in the subject you accelerated in. There have been some high-80's students but don't count on getting in with that mark.
I consider myself extremely lucky to have gotten into the course considering that some kids were knocked back with 92, 93 and even heard a 94 in something was knocked back where I got 89 in Mathematics + a 42/50 in MX1. It is obvious that what the Principal writes in a statement and achievement in general school work goes a fair way in the selection process.

I've been to one residential, and there is another in 2 weeks. The first was EXCELLENT and I learnt so much from the lectures and tutorials... making a lot of friends and attempting to remember a multitude of names.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)