Distinction. (1 Viewer)

deesele

HSC
how hard is transfer from fee to hecs? is it easier then say, from com to com/law?..
how difficult is obtaining a D average in law? do i have to gain a D average in both law and commerce to be granted the transfer from fee com/law to hecs com/law?
cheers..

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
Also on this
If i want to do honours degree do I have to maintain a D avg for the whole 5 years or just 1 year?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by deesele
how hard is transfer from fee to hecs? is it easier then say, from com to com/law?..
It is not any easier nor is it any more difficult to transfer from a fee place to a HECS place than it is to transfer normally. The process is the same.

how difficult is obtaining a D average in law?
For law subjects at UNSW, you need to be in at least the top 45% of the candidature to gain a D. You're guaranteed a D if you're in the top 25%.

do i have to gain a D average in both law and commerce to be granted the transfer from fee com/law to hecs com/law?
Yes. The grade point average is taken over all of your subjects.

Originally posted by sugamama
If i want to do honours degree do I have to maintain a D avg for the whole 5 years or just 1 year?
If I recall correctly, the honours WAM is based only on subjects from second-year onwards, with later years having a greater weighting.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i think at usyd, they take it right from the start..fuk
oh wells, i gotta maintain D ave to keep my scholarship..fuk! :(

santaslayer

HSC
how hard is it to maintain a D.....it sounds really easy on paper..eg
85%-100% is a HD already, but that kind of mark pops up a million times in the hsc...im presuming uni level is much harder to obtain and maintain?

santaslayer

HSC
lol..GREAT
so if u dont mind Asq.....would u like to share with us the kinda marks u get......dont wanna put u in the spotlight or anything......just curious...lol

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
If he does, then you should be ashamed...
He spends more time on BOS than you do :)

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
If I recall correctly, the honours WAM is based only on subjects from second-year onwards, with later years having a greater weighting.
ahh..only 2nd yr onwards...thats good..damn first year results so shit..

Well if you wanted to honour in your non-law component, does your law marks count? Eg. I want to honour in finance, does that mean as long as i keep a D average for all finance subjects, i'll get the honour? You know...like 80,50,50,50 for my subjects in one session..lol:confused:

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I might point out that each faculty has their own Honours requirements, and may use the WAM in different ways - so check with the faculty if you want to be sure (try searching the website).

Originally posted by jay2000
Well if you wanted to honour in your non-law component, does your law marks count?
Nope. :)

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
but why aren't there more honour students?? 75 isnt all that hard...remember my accounting tutor telling me there was like less than 10 accting honour students last year...out of what..how many ppl do accouting each yr? hundreds...or is it just much harder in higher years?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by jay2000
but why aren't there more honour students?? 75 isnt all that hard...remember my accounting tutor telling me there was like less than 10 accting honour students last year...out of what..how many ppl do accouting each yr? hundreds...or is it just much harder in higher years?
its the fact that most people see it as a waste of time
an Honours in accounting isnt nearly as useful as honours in, say, Economics
basically, the only benefits of an honours degree in accounting is if you want to later become an academic (lecturer, professor, research assistant etc)

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
i always thought employers would rather get an honours student when looking for employees, thats all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)