Disunity? Abbott, Costello and Howard (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Costello's comments on radical Muslims

Regarding the issue last few days concerning Costello and Howard taking a swipe at Islamic extremists:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/...670205134.html

Abbott responds:

http://seven.com.au/news/topstories/147903

I'm sure the three men are at heart expressing their true feelings on the issue (although there is speculation of Costello doing it to also benefit his leadership aspirations, but that's another story), there still seems to be an uneasy disunity regarding the issue amongst some of Howard's front benchers.

Conclusively, Abbott seems to be using this opportunity to employ the subtle undermining of Costello (and Howard) for abandoning him on RU-486? He's obviously quite bitter over it, and vengeance in some form might have been on the cards. It should be stressed that this is obviously not the sole reason for him asserting his opposing opinions on this (acknowledged in above paragraph); simply that the desertion regarding RU-486 has perhaps certainly enhanced his inclination to vent the opposing view).

Discuss.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Re: Costello's comments on radical Muslims

Note to all - if you wish to discuss the content of the comments alone, please do so within this thread.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC

lol collin isnt the 3rd thread of this youve made lol

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Howard voted with Abbott on RU486 didn't he?

Collin

HSC
N/A

Not 100% sure, because I recall him saying something along the lines of "Tony Abbott is a great friend of mine, but this is one issue that I just don't agree with him on". But then later he does shift somewhat away from this. Someone confirm.

Breaking: I made a thread, then it got integrated into the Muslims thread (sometime last night), then I guess Generator (or another mod) acknowledged it's original purpose wasn't to fuel fire to the Islam subject, but moreso emphasise the close social politics between the top brass of the Liberals on a subject which by co-incidence involves Muslims. So my post got made into a new thread again.

Rorix

HSC

withoutaface said:
Howard voted with Abbott on RU486 didn't he?

Yes he did, but for different reasons.

Abbott voted as an anti-abortion vote, but Howard voted against the Bill because he saw it as undermining the role of elected representatives, I believe the quote was " We are elected to make the tough decisions like these".

wheredanton

Retired
HSC

Anti-Mathmite said:
pfft. An election must be brewing. Thats the only time the liberal bastards bring out the race card on anything.

At all other times they stear clear.

Is he thick or something?
Race card was used to direct attention away from AWB issues.

Collin

HSC
N/A

Anti-Mathmite said:
Is he thick or something?
So not promoting multiculturalism and allowing xenophobic tensions to develop unchecked is a better solution? Shaky multiculturalism might have caused the riots, but now that it's happened, halting it's progression within society won't help solve it.

Raginsheep

HSC

Rorix said:
"We are elected to make the tough decisions like these".
If only they would take responsiblity for AWB...

Rorix

HSC

Raginsheep said:
If only they would take responsiblity for AWB...
:confused:

Why does the government take responsibility for AWB paying bribes to Saddam Hussein?

I thought that the people who paid/authorised said bribes are responsible?

You seem to have invented an interesting theory of causation.

Have you submitted it to any scientific papers?

Also, what does this have to do with John Howard's idea of electoral respresentation, and the negatives of outsourcing controversial decision making to nondemocratic boards?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)