Djeser-Djeseru (1 Viewer)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
ok, has there ever been a whole question in hsc on djeser-djeseru (deir el bahri)? i think i could probably answer one if there was, but am not completely sure. i mean, i know where lots of different statues and inscriptions are from other aspects of the course, but some areas im a little hazy on. for example, i know that on the top collonade in the inner sanctum theres the aten shrine, but i really wouldnt have a clue exactly whats in there - do we have to know stuff like that?

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
I have no idea what harpy was going on about the steps and its relevance to aten. Really points to nothing really. She's so stoopid....

cuivienen

HSC
I'm not too sure if there was...good question ;)

Djeser-Djeseru (holy of holies) refers to Hatshepsut's mortuary temple at Deir el-Bahri...

Do you mean shrine to Amun? Hatshepsut did not worship the Aten (or is this a theory put forward by a Historian?)...After all, Hatshepsut legitimised her reign using Amun-re as her justification...and worship was signified to the Theban triad in New Kingdom Egypt, with Amun-re as the chief deity...

If I were to approach a question dealing with Hatshepsut's mortuary temple at Deir-el Bahri, I would probably include these issues:

Justification of her role as Pharaoh

-Statues which depict Hatshesput in the Pharonic regalia
-Sphinxes (Warrior Pharaoh image)
-Divine Birth/Conception scenes (depict Hatshepsut's divine conception by the god Amun)
-Punt reliefs (trade expedition)

Purpose for the temple

-Wasn't only meant for making offerings to Hatshepsut
-Dedicated a shrine to Amun
-Chapel for her father Thutmose I
-Worship for deity's such as Hathor, Osiris...

And if it was an essay question I'd probably make some points concerning the architectural features of the temple/location, as well as the officials involved in building the temple...

That's all I can think of at the moment...hope I helped in some way...

Last edited:

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
lol, the aten worship by H. is a theory put forward by the greatest egyptologist ever. Her theories should not be questioned by anyone, especially by lowly HSC students - to all those silly little ancienters who do not know about the magnificence of this lady, she is the giraffe lady, sent by god to help us in our quest for HSC perfection. Ie. She is GAe cCallender

And yes Reni. I was being sarcastic.

And i think there was a djeser-djeseru question for like 5 marks, then again, it may just b one of thos stupid harpy questions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)