Do bullies still exist in uni? (1 Viewer)

Rafe14

HSC
and what about racism, does it depend which uni you go, like somewhere largely dominated by white ppl?

lou071

HSC
N/A
and what about racism, does it depend which uni you go, like somewhere largely dominated by white ppl?
i don't think bullies from high school still exist in uni.
coz after reading the threads and posts on the website, it seems students are pretty busy with other stuffs like assignments, clubs etc.
and coz the timetable is different to other students, i think there is greater chance that you not gonna see 'bullies'

Lori.

HSC
Bullies? No.
Bogans? Yes - but they pretty much get weeded out during first year. Or never if you consider UWS.
Racism? Not really, most unis are dominated by asians nowadays so that's something everyone is used to now.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
dude, bullies and racists exist everywhere.

Rafe14

HSC
i don't think bullies from high school still exist in uni.
coz after reading the threads and posts on the website, it seems students are pretty busy with other stuffs like assignments, clubs etc.
and coz the timetable is different to other students, i think there is greater chance that you not gonna see 'bullies'
oh yeh, they might have dropped out of yr10 or went to TAFE lol

HSC
N/A
bullies NO
Racism YES. its just not out in the open like high school

Last edited:

chamelia

HSC
You wouldn't get bullies. The community is just too big and diverse for people to form cliques and besides that people really have better things to do with their time while on campus. I myself have never witnessed anything racist on campus, but university is just a cross section of the outside public so there is bound to be those people who share those ideals. You will still be hard pressed to find easily though.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
by the time you reach uni most people will have learnt to grow up, and besides you're always going to end up finding your best mate sometime down the track in your course. If someone is making you feel uncomfortable all you have to do is hang around with other more cheerful people in your lecture.

Rascism? I go to UNSW and like everyone else has said here people have gotten used to the fact that 3/5 people you run into will be asian so its better to get along with them or mind your own business. If you chat with them you'll also realise that most are a pretty friendly bunch.

HSC
N/A
Racism? Not really, most unis are dominated by asians nowadays so that's something everyone is used to now.
What about macq, csu etc

i think racism would still exist, but they would only say it out loud in their head

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
No Bullies at uni, your typical high school bully dropped out in year 10 and if he somehow made it to year 12 he is too dumb to realise what university is.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
You wouldn't get bullies. The community is just too big and diverse for people to form cliques and besides that people really have better things to do with their time while on campus. I myself have never witnessed anything racist on campus, but university is just a cross section of the outside public so there is bound to be those people who share those ideals. You will still be hard pressed to find easily though.
The whole PYL thing was a couple of years before we started wasn't it?

chamelia

HSC
The whole PYL thing was a couple of years before we started wasn't it?
I haven't even heard much about the PYL. Just had a google gander. Apparently it was founded in 2002, and absolved in '06. So yes, before our time by just a few short years.

This was an interesting read,
Campus racism rises - National - www.smh.com.au

I cannot see a lick of it on campus at present. I think this was a case of extremes. I can hardly imagine it happening today...

same person

HSC
I don't actually have any personal experience here, so I'm just offering my opinion...
I don't think 'Bullies' as such are at uni, but there are always going to people you don't agree with and who don't agree with you.

xsavagex

HSC
I cant say much about any other uni but at CSU bathurst there was really no bullying or racism. But the main reason for the lack of racism was because it was not very diverse and the majority of people were white.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
I cant say much about any other uni but at CSU bathurst there was really no bullying or racism. But the main reason for the lack of racism was because it was not very diverse and the majority of people were white.
wait so you're saying there can't be any diversity unless there's lots of different skin colours?

that's a fairly racist thing to say

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)