do finance or economic jobs require any aspects of accounting. If there is im freakin (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
When I study accouning I get horrors and not joking. The pure boredom of it gives me horrors.

On the other hand I love economics and finance as it is very interesting.

I will kill myself if I end up getting an accounting job.

So let me ask now, does eco and finance jobs require any aspect of accounting?
And do employers In this field nneed me to have done a bit of basic accounting because im not gonna do it.

Please this might seem as a troll but im very serious and im really in need of help

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
Re: do finance or economic jobs require any aspects of accounting. If there is im fre

I don't know if you need accounting for economic or finance, but i assume you'll need to be able to at least read financial statements?

I could be wrong so don't listen to me, albeit you'll need to do basic accounting to complete your com degree..

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: do finance or economic jobs require any aspects of accounting. If there is im fre

Nop Im doing b.eco I dont need to do accounting.

Anyone have a 100 percent answer?

enoilgam

HSC

I'm pretty sure you need to do some accounting units in a finance/economics degree. As for a job, I think you need some knowledge of accounting to work in either finance or economics, but it will really depend on the specific job.

Last edited:

KidDang

HSC
Uni Grad

Nah I got told by recruiters they train you from scratch;

but its better to have some basic knowledge then none.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

making journal entries and t accounts is pretty crucial in finance

Vagabond

Machine
HSC

I'd be more concerned about your outlook to jobs and the real world.

The subjects they teach you in university don't perfectly translate into specific jobs. Things are organised like that when you're in school, but in the real world, everything is floating around chaotically and its up to you to pull everything together.

You should really think about what you actually want to do with your future and consider/plan your studies to match that, rather than focusing on the studies first with the expectation of finding a job that will fit them.

Kimboss

HSC
N/A

It will help to have some basic knowledge, but not really essential. I would say you would be better off getting some job experience dealing with a little bit of accounting (ie admin at an accounting firm) as that would set you in a much better stead than studying it.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad

I did an Economics degree and majored in Economics and Finance.

From my experience so far, and of people i have spoken to so far, it is not BAU. but it would be great if you understood how it all works. and as vagabond mentioned, it is chaotic and you have to have an understanding of how your immediate business is impacted by your department impacted by your area as a piece to the strategy of the company as a player in the industry to the micro economy to the macro economy. get my drift?

I now don't use any of the stuff i learnt at uni and rather the deeper critical thinking i experienced from my degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)