Do I have to finish ALL my foundation units in FIRST YEAR?~ (1 Viewer)

rayy_bann

HSC
Hi,

I'm doing a double degree in Comm/Law and I have foundation units for both degrees. Essentially I'm doing them in first year. I'm also doing some 100lvl subjects of my Comm major in my first year like STAT170 (finished). And may take a people and planet unit (which the university recommends to do in the first year).

Overall, that leaves me with ONE foundation unit that I will have to postpone to next year. Is this permissible? Or did I have to do all foundation units in first year? (worried)

Plus, if anyone doesn't know the answer to this, can someone direct me to someone that does know (university admin etc)?

Thanks so much!

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Well unless they are a pre-requisite for a 200 level unit, it should be okay if you postpone it till next year.

rayy_bann

HSC
Thanks! I'm sorry to ask, but is there a source to confirm this, cause I don't want to be doing something wrong.

And in "My enrolment" in Estudent (the page where there is a list of all your courses in your degree), alongside the unit I'm postponing, it says "required- Year 2012- Session 2".

So I don't know if it is telling me to actually do it next sem. But on the other hand, i've already enrolled in all my units for next sem. So technically its not a prerequisite, and it allowed me to do so! (Btw the unit I replaced it with is also a 100 lvl unit NOT a 200 lvl one).

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
You should be fine. I don't have a source, but you could always contact BESS or the law school for confirmation.

I only decided to take ACST101 last sem because that's the way it all worked out for me.

I also did ECON111 in second year because I couldn't fit all my foundations into first year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)