Do I Keep English Extension 1 for HSC? (1 Viewer)

Wizjaro

HSC
I think its scaling is decent. And tbh you cant pick up 4U anyway so might as well keep extension English and see how it goes. Also idkkdi, ironically I was actually doing a language at the start of the year but dropped it haha.

turtle67

HSC
there's actually no way for me to prove that I don't go tutoring lmfao.

but seriously, some textbooks we have in nsw are insane. the Cambridge 4u book is actual gold. i simp for the authors. they have huge brain.
how much 4u have you already done 0_0

Wizjaro

HSC
Lmao apparently everyone is an orange now. Wish you had went for a more ethereal fruit like bananas but it is what it is

Greninja340

HSC
So, I handed in my Year 12 subject selection form dropping English Extension 1 with the intension of doing 11 units which consist of Extension 1 Maths, Advanced English, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics. However, on the last day of Year 11 I received my English Extension 1 Yearly paper and ranked 4th out of 79 people.

Now, the problem I have is that I was not really that confident on my other tasks in English Extension 1, and I barely scraped average for them. However, the HSC tasks for English Extension 1 look fun, with more creative writing portfolio stuff and a little bit of analysis. I was kinda butthurt from being unable to get intl Extension 2 Maths in my cohort, so now I'm wondering if the way Extension 1 English scales can compensate for me not getting into 4U maths.

So, I either do 12 units with Extension 1 English, or just 11 units without it. Of course, I feel 11 units will give me more time to study in general especially with the 3 sciences, but I don't want to be put at a disadvantage compared to the people in my school who do Extension 2 Maths. What do you guys think?
parsa?

andeeeeeeee

HSC
So, I handed in my Year 12 subject selection form dropping English Extension 1 with the intension of doing 11 units which consist of Extension 1 Maths, Advanced English, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics. However, on the last day of Year 11 I received my English Extension 1 Yearly paper and ranked 4th out of 79 people.

Now, the problem I have is that I was not really that confident on my other tasks in English Extension 1, and I barely scraped average for them. However, the HSC tasks for English Extension 1 look fun, with more creative writing portfolio stuff and a little bit of analysis. I was kinda butthurt from being unable to get intl Extension 2 Maths in my cohort, so now I'm wondering if the way Extension 1 English scales can compensate for me not getting into 4U maths.

So, I either do 12 units with Extension 1 English, or just 11 units without it. Of course, I feel 11 units will give me more time to study in general especially with the 3 sciences, but I don't want to be put at a disadvantage compared to the people in my school who do Extension 2 Maths. What do you guys think?
everyones exposing you LMAO

but yeah, imo see how you go and drop it later on if you feel that it's too much - also check out past performance via hscninja and your schools annual reports to get an idea of what you would get in the hsc if you kept it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)