Do i really have to go to the Orientation Camp? (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, it's optional so lol.

But it's a chance to meet other students and make new friends :)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Depends on the faculty. FEIT (eng and IT) say it's compulsory - the camp also doubles as your orientation/welcome. (you can do that seperately in oweek if you wish though). The other camps are organised by the societies so are optional.

Salehhh

HSC
Depends on the faculty. FEIT (eng and IT) say it's compulsory - the camp also doubles as your orientation/welcome. (you can do that seperately in oweek if you wish though). The other camps are organised by the societies so are optional.
so if i don't go, it wouldn't matter you reckon?
Would i miss out on any work or anything like that?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
No work, you can essentially do subjects in whatever order you want if you dont run into prereq problems so they can't do that.

Gigacube

HSC
I would highly recommend you go. It's pretty fun getting to meet everyone else in your course and there's a few enjoyable activities. There will be some important information covered such as the course structure and who to contact in case of xyz. You can also attend the on campus events but the majority of high school leavers won't be there as they would have done it at ocamp.

Another advantage is that you'll get to know quite a few people before you actually start uni. This can help with when you do groupwork in tutorials in the first few weeks because you'll all know each other. Plus it's pretty cheap for a camp.

Is there any reason in particular that you don't want to go? A few of us have been to ocamp before and can help answer any questions you might have on it.

Salehhh

HSC
I would highly recommend you go. It's pretty fun getting to meet everyone else in your course and there's a few enjoyable activities. There will be some important information covered such as the course structure and who to contact in case of xyz. You can also attend the on campus events but the majority of high school leavers won't be there as they would have done it at ocamp.

Another advantage is that you'll get to know quite a few people before you actually start uni. This can help with when you do groupwork in tutorials in the first few weeks because you'll all know each other. Plus it's pretty cheap for a camp.

Is there any reason in particular that you don't want to go? A few of us have been to ocamp before and can help answer any questions you might have on it.
so it's just a get to know each other thing aye

btw, how much does it cost, & where do we pay?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)