Do internal ranks matter for English Extension 2? (1 Viewer)

lizerdqueen

HSC
My question in a nutshell:Do major work marks get shifted around depending on rank like written exam marks do?

I know how HSC exam marks can be moved around if the person who ranked first internally doesn't come first in the exam, so I was wondering if the same is done for the Extension 2 major work marks considering there's no exam and the major work (+ reflection) is the only thing marked externally. I received the overall first in subject award at graduation but I just logged into studentsonline and the internal ranks that came out today say I was actually 2nd. I'm planning on asking my teacher if she actually made a mistake by putting me first or if BOSTES f*cked up, but in case I actually am second I'm lowkey worried because my major work was estimated to achieve a higher mark than the person who BOSTES says came first, and I don't want to end up with her mark if my major does better than hers and BOSTES does the mark shifting thing where the internal first rank gets the highest external mark.

tl;dr – WILL I GET MY OWN MAJOR WORK MARK IF I'M RANKED 2ND INTERNALLY???

Last edited:

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
if two people got the same marks throughout the year, they can sit on the same rank. it depends on schools, but the way they show this can be different. you and the other girl might have gotten the same overall mark over the course and both ranked first, so maybe the school wrote it that you're both second? its happened at my school alot
about your other qestion, i have no idea im sorry, it is a good question and id be interested to know the answer

chiefpasco

HSC
whatever the markers award your major work will be your external exam mark, and your internal mark will be the mark of who/whatever's work is the second highest in the cohort.Then your HSC mark will be the average of these two.

chiefpasco

HSC
basically your teachers lied to you when they said you ranked first, because they obviously submitted you as having the second highest assessment mark for EE2.

You can contest it though - I think you should since your school handed you an award for coming first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)