Do Med students do practicals on corpses? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
inasero said:
never heard of that one? this smells of urban myth
Oh it is an urban myth, but nevertheless possible. That's why they don't usually have faces, the whole privacy/protection of identity thing.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
haha, I just remember a story I got told, this OT, his first anatomy lab, he got in and the demonstrator dude asked if anyone knew of any homeless people or people that had died in bad circumstances dying lately, and they all said no, and he was like 'ok, good, you won't know anyone here then', and then put on this massive glove that went right up his arm, and reached into a vat, and pulled out an arm, and hes like 'no, thats not it' and put it back, pulled out another arm, put it back, and then pulled out a leg, and was like 'yup, thats it!'
several of the girls cried/threw up.

bearpooh

Godel is God
HSC
N/A
A funny place for the testes

hipsta_jess said:
haha, I just remember a story I got told, this OT, his first anatomy lab, he got in and the demonstrator dude asked if anyone knew of any homeless people or people that had died in bad circumstances dying lately, and they all said no, and he was like 'ok, good, you won't know anyone here then', and then put on this massive glove that went right up his arm, and reached into a vat, and pulled out an arm, and hes like 'no, thats not it' and put it back, pulled out another arm, put it back, and then pulled out a leg, and was like 'yup, thats it!'
several of the girls cried/threw up.
What fun.

Some people I know had a scrotum dissection.
They had to save the testes for later.

So they stuck them into the already open abdomen of the cadaver.

When a tutor came to quiz them on abdominal anatomy, she found the testes in the abdomen !

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
At this point I think it would be prudent to close the thread.

There are many, many people who would not want this to go any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)