do muslims care about what's happening in syria? (1 Viewer)

always_use

HSC
at least forty thousand people have been killed in syria in this war and most countries have condemned the syrian government for it, including other arab countries, so you'd think that if you're on the side of the syrian government then you're probably in the minority.

from a quick google i saw one protest in australia against the syrian government
Sydney Muslims protest against Syrian regime - 19 Aug, 2012

but there were more protests supporting the government:
Aussie Syrians rally for al-Assad - Jun 27, 2011
Pro-Assad protesters gather in Sydney - 22 Nov 2011
Rival Syrian protesters clash at Sydney airport - 2, Jun 2012
Australians for Syria protest in Sydney against foreign intervention - 24 Aug 2012

also remember that there was a violent protest at the american embassy in sydney over some american cartoons (that don't even hurt anybody lol) but i don't really see any violent protests at the syrian embassy

i was just wondering what BoS muslims think about the war in syria

ahdil33

HSC
Muslims are required to take care of one another in Islam. If you look at protests/fundraisers recently in the Muslim community there has been A LOT for Syria, and recently more for those in Gaza as well. So yes.

dkhan

HSC
YES !! Muslims do care about what is happening in Syria and in any other Islamic country that is going through war or any other hardships. I know that my local mosque had done a lot of fundraisers for Syria, also for Egypt and Libya when they where having their revolutions. And i have also been apart of petitions and awareness campaigns for the Syria
so all is all we are taught in our religion plus culture to take over our fellow brother and sister in Islam

qawe

HSC
N/A
at least forty thousand people have been killed in syria in this war and most countries have condemned the syrian government for it, including other arab countries, so you'd think that if you're on the side of the syrian government then you're probably in the minority.

from a quick google i saw one protest in australia against the syrian government
Sydney Muslims protest against Syrian regime - 19 Aug, 2012

but there were more protests supporting the government:
Aussie Syrians rally for al-Assad - Jun 27, 2011
Pro-Assad protesters gather in Sydney - 22 Nov 2011
Rival Syrian protesters clash at Sydney airport - 2, Jun 2012
Australians for Syria protest in Sydney against foreign intervention - 24 Aug 2012

also remember that there was a violent protest at the american embassy in sydney over some american cartoons (that don't even hurt anybody lol) but i don't really see any violent protests at the syrian embassy

i was just wondering what BoS muslims think about the war in syria
I know the Asaad government has committed many atrocities, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the right thing to do is to hand power to the so-called "opposition forces". The result for Syria could be a lot worse than under Asaad. Look at Egypt - Mubarak was a dictator, but when he was pushed out, along comes another dictator Morsi, who is worse than Mubarak as he is a radical Muslim (at least Mubarak was moderate).

(I am not muslim)

ahdil33

HSC
I know the Asaad government has committed many atrocities, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the right thing to do is to hand power to the so-called "opposition forces". The result for Syria could be a lot worse than under Asaad. Look at Egypt - Mubarak was a dictator, but when he was pushed out, along comes another dictator Morsi, who is worse than Mubarak as he is a radical Muslim (at least Mubarak was moderate).

(I am not muslim)
What? are you aware of how many people Mubarak killed ? He was a monster, you have to do very very bad to be worse than Mubarak. Morsi radical muslim my foot, just because he's with the brotherhood.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)