do qld OP's get converted to UAI or ENTER (1 Viewer)

Aldehyde

HSC
I'm in qld, and am hoping to get an OP 1. I am looking at applying in victoria to dentistry which has a cut-off of 99.3. Will my OP get converted to some sort of number between 99- 99.95?, or, is an OP 1 the only requirement to meet the cut-off?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Yes, your OP will be converted to a new selection rank on the same scale as ATARs and ENTERs.

This means that obtaining an OP 1 will not guarantee you an interstate offer - it needs to be a 'good' OP 1, or your new rank could be too low.

The source for this information is here:

Queensland provides, to the appropriate authorities, individual ranks calculated according to the Interstate Transfer Index for Queensland students formally applying for tertiary admission interstate.

Aldehyde

HSC
How do I know if my OP one is 'good' or 'bad' based on my results? *at this point*

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Well, your field positions may give you some indication.

But apart from that you can't really know.

Once OPs are released you might be able to ask VTAC or another admissions centre to tell you the selection rank that will be used when you apply interstate.

Their usual policy is not to provide this information - but I think you're entitled to it, so it's worth a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)