Do rankings REALLY matter?I (1 Viewer)

purpleprincess

HSC
im stressing. I've been tryin to study but thinking about my school marks jsut gets me depressed and puts me off. ive done REALLY bad this past year. lets just say im in the bottom 30% of my year in rankings.

i do:
- Ancient
- 2U Maths
- Adv Eng
- Business Studies
- Business Services

only good subject is bservibes but like known its a VET course, common sense stuff. i get 80s in that. ranking 2/15.

my other subjects are REALLY bad in terms of rankings and assessments. 20-60 in assessments and like said before bottom 50% in rankings.

how IMPORTANT are rankings? is there still hope to get high in the HSC? i mean school marks are like 50%, so i've pretty much screwed half my UAI mark. my school is in top 100, around 90s i believe.

need some advice? straight foward harsh comments are fine, need something to hit me in the head to get me studying..

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
youre not screwed yet...that depends on how well you go in your external exams.
Dont worry about ranks atm, coz theres nothing you can do about it. Just focus on what lies ahead and let everything fall into place.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
jemsta said:
youre not screwed yet...that depends on how well you go in your external exams.
Dont worry about ranks atm, coz theres nothing you can do about it. Just focus on what lies ahead and let everything fall into place.
Agreed :D

Rankings matter but right now, there's not much you can do about what's happened. Do well in the externals and you might surprise yourself.

xxJTxx

HSC
they matter.
do you have any bearing on them atm? not at all.
if you go extremely well in the hsc (i.e. beat all the people who beat you in assessments) you might still have a shot. but your assessments will still pull u down.

just get over your assessments.
shit assessment mark + good hsc mark > shit assessment mark + shit hsc mark

i hope that equation thing is right lol..im tired..i just went through all of journeys and transformations!

morganforrest

HSC
williamc said:
ur pretty much fucked, study or death k.
Agree :)

But fuck there's nothing you can do about them now. Either try to ace the externals or just fuck it and look at other ways to do what ever you want to do. ie come back as a mature student

EDIT: it also depends on how well the rest of your grade goes. If everyone gets in the range 60 - 100 then your overall aligned mark might not be so bad after they scale your class

williamc

HSC
morganforrest said:
Agree :)

EDIT: it also depends on how well the rest of your grade goes. If everyone gets in the range 60 - 100 then your overall aligned mark might not be so bad after they scale your class
Called moderate not scale. But yer, pretty much..

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
ranks matter, but it sounds like your school is ranked pretty well, not super duper amazing but well.
just sit down and memorise all your texbooks and write practice essays, that way at least it'll go:

moderated mark based on rank + your exam mark

so you're relying on the person who got the rank in the exam that corresponds to your internal rank
ie. someone came 45th in exam got aligned mark of 79
and you came 45th overall

therefore you'd get 79+(your exam mark) = your aligned mark

so just work on your exam mark and tell your class to study their arses off or you're gonna come after them with an axe

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Why would knowing the marks you need help?

I mean it's not like you can really guess what marks you will be getting for each exam/question right. And it isn't exactly like once you think you have reached the marks you need you will stop working.

Just try your best, that's all anyone can ask. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)