Do selective schools actually care about your schools choices in order? (1 Viewer)

Grey Pigeon

HSC
I was wondering if selective schools actually prioritise those who put a random selective school as first choice.

joe mama

HSC
yr 7 entry ofcs, i think this is for 8-11
oh because i was going to say, for year 8-11 entry
i find that the order doesn't matter as much if you applied for a school/s which uses the hast test AND a school that doesn't use it
It's a bit hard to explain, but for example
my first choice would be 1. sydney boys
2. fort street
3. penrith
yes sydney boys is my 1st choice, but fort street also counts as a first choice because it's the first school i chose that uses the hast test --> i have to pay the 1st choice fee anyways
and then penrith falls under my 2nd choice with the hast test

wzsmartypants

HSC
i find that the order doesn't matter as much if you applied for a school/s which uses the hast test AND a school that doesn't use it
2. fort street
3. penrith
yes sydney boys is my 1st choice, but fort street also counts as a first choice because it's the first school i chose that uses the hast test --> i have to pay the 1st choice fee anyways
yeah, what about when theres no tests? My friend got into syd boys yr9 entry but not for fort street

joe mama

HSC
yea i reckon *but pls don't take my word for it*
no test order doesn't matter, or at least doesn't matter as much
it also depends on the amount of applicants, a higher volume might've applied for fort st that year & the essay also takes into consideration whether ur friend made it or not

Grey Pigeon

HSC
2. fort street
3. penrith
Oh thank you for explaining because I was going to put Sefton as my first choice and fort street as my second. I’m in year 8 currently and I’m seeking admission to a selective school for Year 10

joe mama

HSC
Oh thank you for explaining because I was going to put Sefton as my first choice and fort street as my second. I’m in year 8 currently and I’m seeking admission to a selective school for Year 10
no worries :) and wow haha i used to attend sefton! and then i moved hs
good luck btw! but i hope u do know that sefton is not a BYOD school, no laptops, no phones, which can quite hinder your learning if you are more of a research/digital learner

Grey Pigeon

HSC
good luck btw! but i hope u do know that sefton is not a BYOD school, no laptops, no phones, which can quite hinder your learning if you are more of a research/digital learner
Yeah I know that, I only want to transfer because I literally live on hector street and bc it’s better than my current school. (I’m not in the local catchment bc I’m closer to Bass High and I currently attend that school)

Grey Pigeon

HSC
Also which hs do you currently attend if you don’t mind me asking?

joe mama

HSC
Yeah I know that, I only want to transfer because I literally live on hector street and bc it’s better than my current school. (I’m not in the local catchment bc I’m closer to Bass High and I currently attend that school)
ohh HAHAH wow lucky you if you end up moving to sefton then, can literally wake up half an hr before school starts
and i currently attend sgghs, and i just had an interview for nsghs though --> so possibly a student of nsghs soon??!

Grey Pigeon

HSC
ohh HAHAH wow lucky you if you end up moving to sefton then, can literally wake up half an hr before school starts
and i currently attend sgghs, and i just had an interview for nsghs though --> so possibly a student of nsghs soon??!
Oh ahahaha good luck

wzsmartypants

HSC
ive heard of someone who's in class of 23 who moved from Sefton to sgghs lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)