• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do the trial and assement mark matter? (1 Viewer)

Halez

I went really bad in my trials and assessments for 3 of my subjects at school (by bad i mean like 45%). Im looking for a uai of 70+ so if i get 77+ in each of my hsc exams, will my school marks bring that down considerably? if so by how much.
-worried

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
well, your question is prety general...

I'll i can say is that your bad trials and assessments will affect your ranking in your school which will affect the Assessment HSC mark. How much this will be affected depends on many factors.

your final HSC mark is (Assessment HSC Mark + Exam HSC mark) /2

rdy2die

so r we doomed? say if we get below 50 in assessment marks and say about 90 - 100 in hsc exam? which means 100 + 50 / 2 = 75 ???
thats gotta suck!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
no, when i say assemssment i refer to the moderated assessment marks that appear on your final HSC report card. Not your raw school assessment marks.

superbird

HSC
Its extrememly unlikely that a person who is failing assessments all year is gonna pull off a 90 in the HSC exam

hot n spicy

i was worse than you

QUOTE= worried

i am really worried about my UAI as i need a UAI of 85 or thereabouts the course i want to do. can someone tell me if my marks were not above average for 3 of my subjects can i receive the uai needed.
hopeless

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
superbird said:
Its extrememly unlikely that a person who is failing assessments all year is gonna pull off a 90 in the HSC exam
Always room for improvement boys and girls.

My assessments for english have climbed from 7/15 up to 14/15... It happens.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
aim54x said:
if u do well enough in ur HSC, ur Assess mark will be brought up to match. thats wat i've been told n e way
no, your moderated assessment marks depend on your rank relative to class memebers and how well the class performed as a whole.

Claudia

HSC
N/A
You get your HSC mark, and that mark is you HSC marks, right? Then, the same HSC mark is scaled according to how well your class goes and then to rank and standard deviation. So if you get 90 for HSC, and 60 for internal, but you are ranked well and school does well, then 60 moved up to somewhere near 90. So do your damn best for the HSC, is all i can say.

grimreaper

HSC
Claudia said:
no, it works both ways.
not for the top of the class - theyre internal mark is equal to the highest external mark of the class, no matter what

Just-nick

HSC
Pretty much your assesment mark doesnt matter at all, its just your assesment rank.
The School mark that will appear on your hsc is generated by how your whole school goes then its kinda shared between your years according to rank.
Thats not exactly how it works but its a simmilar idea.
i hope that even makes sence

jessicamartins

arrrrrrgggghhghh

my overall rank at my school was 7/96 ...for maths ....i've been told that i'll get the 7th mark out of the 96 students.....what if i do really bad in the HSC maths exam?

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
jessicamartins said:
my overall rank at my school was 7/96 ...i've been told that i'll get the 7th mark out of the 96 students.....what if i do really bad in the HSC exam?
try not to worry over things that have not happened yet hun. Doesn't do much good and it's not productive. Just get focused, you'll do fine.

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
And what if you go to a selective school where everyone does well so you get a bad rank, compared to coming around top at a school where everyone does poorly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)