Do these subjects scale well ? (1 Viewer)

kietkiet

HSC
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Wasn't sure if it was an ATAR related or a general HSC question.

English Standard - (Heard it scales terribly and it's #Rare to get a band 6)
General Maths - (Same as above)
Business Studies - (Heard it was okay)
IPT - (Heard both good and bad)
Business Services - (Terrible)

I've had a look at the raw mark cut-off database and i'm still pretty unclear with some things.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Standard has similar scaling to Advanced yet aligns poorly in comparison.

General maths has yeah... poor scaling.

Business Studies has alright scaling - it's around the scaling of Ancient History (probably a bit lower than Legal Studies and Engineering Studies).

IPT is not so great...

kietkiet

HSC
So all my subjects scale terribly. Great.

Low ranked school + poor cohorts + low scaling subjects = :cry: :mad2:

Lina3

HSC
But your aim is 80, isn't it? I'd say that's certainly possible! I feel the same way about most of my subjects.

kietkiet

HSC
But your aim is 80, isn't it? I'd say that's certainly possible! I feel the same way about most of my subjects.
Yeah i'm aiming for 80+ but my backup is 68. So i'm not overwhelmingly concerned, it's just my subject choices/weak cohorts makes me over think too much haha

Lina3

HSC
Yeah i'm aiming for 80+ but my backup is 68. So i'm not overwhelmingly concerned, it's just my subject choices/weak cohorts makes me over think too much haha
If you have a back up of 68, then there us nothing at all to worry about :) You have good ranks and your cohort shouldn't drag you down that much. There is no need to be concerned about things you cannot control i.e the scaling of subjects for 2013 and the performance of others. Just focus for the next 2 and a bit weeks on being the best you can be.

coffee_

HSC
You can get any atar with any combination for subjects. Even 99 if possible for you if you make sure your ranks are excellent and that shouldn't be too hard if you have a poor cohort :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)