do they have woodworking club at unsw (1 Viewer)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
they best be having it

Last edited by a moderator:

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
they best be having it
Never heard of one, mate.

You could always start your own but then you'd have to pay admin fees to ARC, recruit members and find a place to woodwork...

Last edited by a moderator:

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Nah. There is a list at the ARC website if you want to check it out.
yah i checked the list. nothing remotely approximating a 'making stuff' club, let alone a woodworking club. no knitting? no calligraphy? no baking? ah fuck.

looks like ill start my own then.

HSC
yah i checked the list. nothing remotely approximating a 'making stuff' club, let alone a woodworking club. no knitting? no calligraphy? no baking? ah fuck.

looks like ill start my own then.
Starting up your own society is alot of ****ing work. Unless you and a group of people do it; its hard. It was hard enough starting up the students of medical science society; and we had help from he academics.

Hnestly; join the committee of most society ad say you want to have a bake sale/ tree house making competition/ art day/etc.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Starting up your own society is alot of ****ing work. Unless you and a group of people do it; its hard. It was hard enough starting up the students of medical science society; and we had help from he academics.

Hnestly; join the committee of most society ad say you want to have a bake sale/ tree house making competition/ art day/etc.
Yes, I hear you. First of all, we'll need a room to make stuff and put our fucking tools in. Then theres the problem of noise and stupid amounts of wood dust. Do other clubs get to have their own rooms?

I suppose we could generate money for the club by fixing people's shit, or making shit that people might be interested in buying

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Yes, I hear you. First of all, we'll need a room to make stuff and put our fucking tools in. Then theres the problem of noise and stupid amounts of wood dust. Do other clubs get to have their own rooms?

I suppose we could generate money for the club by fixing people's shit, or making shit that people might be interested in buying
I've been at uni for 3 years now and I know that the average student will not be fucked doing all of this unless they're getting paid.

University students in general focus their energies on mostly study, work or a club/society that is already well defined rather than to be bothered starting something completely new.

Either that or they're fucking lazy (which is the overwhelming majority anyway)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the tip. Well, at least I know that im guaranteed one loyal customer. Like I said, "if they have a woodworking club, i'd fucking live in it'.

HSC
sinophile;4856958 Do other clubs get to have their own rooms? [/quote said:
yea they do. But woodworking... uh; they all have labs and stuff. you betta ask ARC student development office f you're so inclined to. But I echo talkkid34; noone can be fucked starting on up; less go to the actual event that you've organised (sad it may seem) --> unless you have really good uni friends. I was lucky in the latter half

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)