Do u get cut off if u r full fee students or overseas (1 Viewer)

ToNiX7

Do u get cut off if u r full fee students or overseas?
i really want to know that....help.....:D

tekster

HSC
N/A
'course theres a cut-off for full fee paying (local or international)
it's usually 5 uai points lower

windows xp

No always 5 points. According to the UAC book, in order to get get into nanotechnology at UNSW you need to have an UAI of 85.35(2003) as an HECS student where I, as international student that has to pay for 4 long and misarable yeras of full fees, has to get at least 85(the project cut-off for this year). In other words, I only get .35 of diference..... What a loser I'm to select a course no-one knows about and has few employment opportunities.....

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The fee cut-off will be less than 5 points below the HECS cut-off in the following situations:

a) The competition for the fee places was fierce.

b) There was little or no competition for the fee places at all.

Both of these could result in the last student being selected having a UAI less than 5 points below the HECS cut-off.

windows xp - you could always try to transfer into a HECS place at the end of your first year.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by windows xp
What a loser I'm to select a course no-one knows about and has few employment opportunities.....
Surely Nanotechnology will be a big thing in the future, Hewitt-Packard are already talking about it in their tv commericals... So it must be important. ;)

windows xp

Originally posted by Lazarus
windows xp - you could always try to transfer into a HECS place at the end of your first year. [/B]
Maybe. I don't know the requisits but for the moment I know that I cannot apply.

windows xp

Originally posted by Raiks
Surely Nanotechnology will be a big thing in the future, Hewitt-Packard are already talking about it in their tv commericals... So it must be important. ;)
Maybe but for the moment these are the kind of comments I receive:

From classmates:

Winxp: Hey, what do you think about nanotechnology.
Classmates stare at winxp a few seconds.
Classmate1: I think it is good(Doesn't look convnicing)
Classmate2: Nanowhat?

From adviser: Well, I don't know that course and the books and cds I have that are of these year say nothing about nanotechnology.

Maybe I should put engieneering in solar energy as my first preference....

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The field of nanotechnology is rapidly expanding - try a simple search in google!

windows xp

Originally posted by Lazarus
The field of nanotechnology is rapidly expanding - try a simple search in google!

you have got a point. However, another interesting career is solar engieneering at UNSW. These people want to do some solar energy projects in Nicaragua and as Nicaragua speaks spanish and I speak spanish, then I might get the chance to be there no so much for my marks but to be translator:D

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
a translator with an engineering degree.... that's...... different.

Nanotechnology is definitely a growth area and if you get in early, you can establish yourself in the industry and being in that situation usually means you'll be one of the big important guys for businesses later on.

windows xp

Originally posted by ToOL
sp what IS nanotechnology.?? i mean what do you do n stuf... EXPLAIN EXPLAIN :)
.......that's it. I going to cry....:(

My definition of nanotechnology: To get pay to work on stuff you will never really see in your life and you don't actually care about their existance or not but you try to look the stuff you dont really believe that exists, exists:D

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by windows xp
Of course I want to work here! Australia has many sexy chicks:D. The negative point is that my family live here.....:(
:lol:
you'll have to wait for the industry to really GET here then... i predict 15 years after the rest of the world has it ;)
j/k, Australia is pretty technologically advanced. I mean, geez, more kids here have mobile phones than in America or something..

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Hmm...Say you don't make it into university after year 12, and you decide to use full fee.

Is it possible to pay for only one year and transfer to a HECS course so that you don't have to continue paying?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Probably depends on the course + the places, RR.

But I don't know.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Is it possible to pay for only one year and transfer to a HECS course so that you don't have to continue paying?
Yes - same as any other transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)