do u reckon i'll get penalised for having 1644 words in reflection statement? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ob

do u reckon i'll get penalised for having 1644 words in reflection statement?

144 over the limit...

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
jpeob said:
do u reckon i'll get penalised for having 1644 words in reflection statement?

144 over the limit...
No. There have been cases where candidates with 1800+ word reflection statements have received a mark of 50/50, and my own hovers somewhere around 1580.

However, I strongly suggest you use the least words possible. Only stick with the full 1644 words if absolutely necessary, and cut down as much of the unneeded verbosity as possible. If everything you say in those 1644 words is pertinent and relevant, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Spritza

HSC
No. There have been cases where candidates with 1800+ word reflection statements have received a mark of 50/50

Thats shocking, they get to add in double the information the rst of us do into their reflection statements... no wonder they get full marks -_-

My advice would be to cut down as much as you can, maybe a few words over wont be so bad - but they will know... they know all :|

slipper

HSC
c_james said:
No. There have been cases where candidates with 1800+ word reflection statements have received a mark of 50/50
Why bother having restrictions then?
Rules for some; not for others.

slipper

HSC
c_james said:
Could I ask, how you know this btw?

ob

yeh, thanks alot fellas...the final day is coming...tomorrow it is bound and forgotten!

ob

slipper said:
Could I ask, how you know this btw?
yeh i know it's true cos i've got one of the 'showcase' books of the best of the best...one was 1800...it's true

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
slipper said:
Why bother having restrictions then?
Rules for some; not for others.
They don't do this deliberately. Imagine being a marker sifting through major works. When you get to your fifth reflection statement, you'd hardly have the energy to do an approximate word count for it, especially if it covers all the points, the major work itself is sound, or a previous marker hadn't picked up on it. You'd actually sympathise with the student, and probably overlook it. Without this kind of moderate leniency, markers would be picking your work to pieces and finding whatever flaws it has, however insignificant.

The marker rule applies with EE2 also: they're there to give you marks, not ensure you can't get them.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
like i said in another thread, i think it's absolutely unfair that people get away with that. but you will get away with it if it's good enough, so don't worry too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)