Do u reckon its worth it learning all the poems or episodes of a prescribed text? (1 Viewer)

Rfelt110191

HSC
Does ne1 think its worth it preparing all episodes or poems of a prescribed text for the modules paper? I'm doing Harwood and Frontline and its such a bitch to remember points for everything just in case the question asks u to refer to a specific poem/episode. Do u think it's worth it???

Muchi

HSC
I do Harwood too. And I agree. What a bitch, learning 6 freaking poems. Not even good poems. GAWD.

But I'm learning about 3 in detail and the other 3 I'm sort of just wing-ING it. But in case they specify the poems I suppose we should at least know about each of them. I dunno if they're going to specify though. I mean, it's like - they've never done it before. So what the hell...

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
no not relly i never thought it was. I usually learn 2 and like do them, moulding them 2 the question and yer.

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
Muchi said:
I do Harwood too. And I agree. What a bitch, learning 6 freaking poems. Not even good poems. GAWD.

But I'm learning about 3 in detail and the other 3 I'm sort of just wing-ING it. But in case they specify the poems I suppose we should at least know about each of them. I dunno if they're going to specify though. I mean, it's like - they've never done it before. So what the hell...
they never specify the poems, they always say your prescribed texts are... refer to at least 2, but i guess if you knew them all, it be like Oh yer this one is great for this question, and u'd be advantgaged that way, but whatever works you

sparkerasp

HSC
zxcvbee said:
they never specify the poems, they always say your prescribed texts are... refer to at least 2, but i guess if you knew them all, it be like Oh yer this one is great for this question, and u'd be advantgaged that way, but whatever works you
I generally pick three that have a common theme that I can link to almost everything. I don't really fancy learning all 6 of Yeats' poems or all 6 of the Frontline episodes (even though they're not that hard).

dolbinau

HSC
In 2002 they once asked for a specific poem for Module B.

(But it may be a different poet from us).

I personally just learn three in detail, but know a quote from them all so if we HAVe to refer to one I can kind of talk about it for half a page or so.

Rfelt110191

HSC
Yh there was a specific poem mentioned but it was from a different poet... i dunno i really dont feel like learning all of them :mad::mad: Why would they want to torture us more?!?!?!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Rfelt110191 said:
Yh there was a specific poem mentioned but it was from a different poet... i dunno i really dont feel like learning all of them :mad::mad: Why would they want to torture us more?!?!?!
This is true, the question was:

two people who value your prescribed text in different ways and for different reasons are having a conversation, compose their conversation

refer to sylvia plaths lady lazerus and one other prescribed poem or john donnes the sunne rising and at least one other prescribed text.

God i hope they wont do that with us.

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
i dont think its physicaly possible for me to learn all my prescribed texts,lol, i have the Ted highes set of poems (6 i think) for one section, then speeches for another scetion (12 speeches from memory) ranging from a paragraph to 6 pages long,lol, ive just picked my texts and am hoping for the best

Rfelt110191

HSC
Wow that sucks... u know what i might call the advice line tomoz (see if they disclose ne info hehe:):))

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
If the question asks of a particular text and you know jackshit about that particular one, there is a way to get around it but its dodgy. The question will say, 'that text and at least on other of your choosinguse the ones you know about well for the majority of the essay and spend only like a brief paragraph on the specified text.

Rfelt110191

HSC
I spoke to the advice line, they said its very likely that it will ask for a specific text in module B coz the questions are all allocated to one specific prescribed text, but with module C its less likely coz u also have ur related texts so yh :eek:

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
oh lord, does that mean they will be specifying a speech for me? cus i just hope to goodness its one of my two that ive picked or i am going to suffer and burn.

dolbinau

HSC
I think the advice line means it is more likely they'll ask us specific for B than C. But I don't think they can say it was 'very likely' we'll have to chose a specific because firstly, they have no idea about what is going to be in the exam :p and secondly, they've only ever asked to be specific once since 2001.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)