DO u rekon the prelim course was relevent for hsc? (1 Viewer)

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
far out some subjex im screwed lol. cos i thiught prelim was gonna be way dif then hsc. i was half rite. eng,mathsext2, engext1 and phys are differnt. but maths ext1,chem,and eco required some preknowledge. ie some formulaes for maths, oxidations states for chem, and some terms for eco. man ive been bludging the prelim course now im screwed....gotta catch up ..

i was thinking wot u guys rekon on this topic

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well obviously you would ahve to know the basics of some of your subjects that you have to carry through. it is usually the case for sciences, maths and english.

its best to catch up and know your stuff i guess. and it would be good if you knew, or else you would be the only one in the class who would remain clueless, unless everyone is in the same frame of mind as you are.

i on the other hand, need to catch up for chemistry. LOL. but its just more on what i didn't study for the preliminaries i guess. so i'm not too worried. but i know how mcuh work is involoved in economics. and i don't mean it in terms of workload, but the amount of terms that you ahve to remember.

good luck! :D

v sia

HSC
hell yeah !!!!
i hate it when people say " fuck it , its year 11 , it doesnt count "
well first of all

1. It does in a way , most/ some of the stuff we do this year for example maths is continued on with , you cant just bludge all year and learn shit and suddenly wake up 1 year later and say time to get 90 % +++++ , you probably could with some subjects but it'd be difficult

2. It helps you manage the work load and stuff

3. Practices your study teq ( if any )

Basically what you get in year 11 is an indication of what u'll get next year , unless if you really really change your attitude

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
well i jus did my yr11 prelims and go results that werent that good ie. to my standards. i got like rank around in the top 25 percent however. but this is at the kigns schoola nd lotta dumbasses around. umm...welll i noe im smart and can get good marks. i got into o.c class in yr 3, sbhs in yr 6, and the kings school scholarshiop in yr 10. sounds almost like im boasting.

but neways i feel maths ext2 , phys, eng adv, and eng ext1 i can do alrite as in there is no need for previous knowledge. however eco , chem and maths ext1 may pose some trouble as i said earlier. but im gonna try and catch up as hard as i can neways. bout u guys u studied like helll in yr 11 aye....man...

word of advice to yr10 guys STUDY IN YR 11 ! lol

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It sucks to be me.

SDD - all the years 11 stuff is in the year 12 course. Sure, it gets retaught in year 12, but bah.
Maths: Take a wild guess. Lucky I'm good at this, though.
English: Whoops, looks like it's progressive!
Chemistry: WTF is propene? What's it got that propane hasn't? STOP BEING VOWELIST!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I wouldn't say that English is progressive in terms of content but it is certainly progressive in terms of the skills and techniques required.
Maths - definitely need Year 11 knowledge

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ Indeed.

Although today seems to have left me feeling better.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Hm.. I think a lot of the stuff learnt in Year 11 isn't so much relevant for specific topics in the Year 12 course, moreso providing a base layer for the course and topics, and practice for what you'll need to know and how you'll need to study for Year 12.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Slide Rule said:
It sucks to be me.

SDD - all the years 11 stuff is in the year 12 course. Sure, it gets retaught in year 12, but bah.
Chemistry: WTF is propene? What's it got that propane hasn't? STOP BEING VOWELIST!
Haha! Propene is so much cooler...it stretches out more...EEEEEEN....EEEEEN.

I am totally loving the whole alkane/alkene hydrocarbon stuff. It's funny....we used the Chemistry Contexts 1 book for prelim...and now we've moved on to Contexts 2 this term...and for some reason, I enjoy the second one. I reckon it has a lot to do with the awesome blue cover. I'm totally painting my bedroom blue for the HSC. It makes me want to do
Chemistry...now what the fuck is up with that?

Last edited:

GruvisMalt

No content you learn in year 11 will be in the year 12 course, and subquensely, the HSC. If it IS then you'll get re-taught it anyway, unless its something REALLY basic. So content-wise, no. BUT, in stuff like maths and sciences, it usually provides a good base to start your 12 learning from. Actually, no, it definately does. But just to re-assure, and actual content will be re-taught to you if need be.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Slide Rule said:
It sucks to be me.

propane has only all single bonds within the hydrocarbon. in propene there is at least one double bond.

and dude...please don't make me draw it! it's gona take ages on a computer, without the exception of paint.

astro

HSC
most of the concepts learnt in year eleven are revisited in year 12 and maths is a two year course....

HSC
JamiL said:
phy- lil
chem - lot
bio - not realy
english - yes 4sure
maths - if i need 2 aanswer thus there is somthing wrong (NO, it all easy shit u can do in 1 term, u dont need 3)
what? i thought you don't need that yr 11 stuff
what stuff from yr 11 do i need to learn in chem for yr 12 if it's a heck of alot?

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
propane has only all single bonds within the hydrocarbon. in propene there is at least one double bond.

and dude...please don't make me draw it! it's gona take ages on a computer, without the exception of paint.
I kid. I could tell you the difference with my eyes closed. For real.

Alkanes=saturated
Alkenes=unsaturated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)