Do USYD offer bachelor of arts mid year admissions? (1 Viewer)

Kdiamond

HSC
So im on my second year of Bachelor of Computing at UWS and frankly,i've had enough of programming and IT in general. Im now looking at what i want to do and have an interest for which is studying a language and majoring in something like global studies. So my question is does this bachelors degree offer mid year intakes? Currently my GPA is 4.75

alphaisanidiot

HSC
BUMP.

I'm considering entering Arts mid-year, but would we be disadvantaged? I mean are all the usual Semester 1 subjects available in Semester 2? Would we be able to study a language or psychology still? I just don't get how the structure would work starting mid-year. Any help would be majorly appreciated.

spence

HSC
BUMP.

I'm considering entering Arts mid-year, but would we be disadvantaged? I mean are all the usual Semester 1 subjects available in Semester 2? Would we be able to study a language or psychology still? I just don't get how the structure would work starting mid-year. Any help would be majorly appreciated.
You can't start languages mid-year, but most other subjects can be started mid year. Psych definitely can be started in second semester

Got2Kno91

HSC
Hey guys, i'm in a similar situation,
I'm happy to enter mid-year, but I don't want to if my options would be dissapointingly limited. If i'm interested primarily in topics such as literature and film studies and all that English-ish written/analytical stuff, as well as things related to social and global studies, as well as history/geography, would I be ok entering mid-year? I've noticed a lot of the studies such as these have units which continue on from one another, sequentially 'building up' if you will. Wouldn't the mid-year intake interfere with this model? What are the numbers for mid-year intake compared to March? Exactly by how much would my options be limited? Further clarification on how the university manages to accommodate mid-year students when they balance so many units of study clearly planned into seperate semesters would be reassuring?

I'd really appreciate your honest input. I just want to get it right, and not get a nasty shock when I realise i've limited myself.

spence

HSC
From the arts subjects I've done, they don't really build on each other, except for languages. Usually first year subjects look at different areas of the subject, rather than following up on each other

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)