do we break tradition? (1 Viewer)

w00dy.

HSC
ok; after reading a little in the thread about what names/nicknames etc are going on the back of jerseys for year 12. i thought maybe i could put this too you all.

our school is starting to organise the whole jersey thing for the current year 11 kids, only because the year 12 kiddies, have only just recieved their jersey's, and now the p n c are doing a complete overhall so to speak on the year 12 kids being the only ones to wear jerseys. so to sum all that up. it means that our year 11 will be the last year to have yr 12 printed on our jerseys.

BUT:

members of our year is putting it to the poll; do we go for hoodies, or jerseys.
if we go for the hoodies, it means that we have 'broken tradition' so to speak.

SO:

i ask you; for your opinions. do you think stepping out away from tradition is a good idea or not?

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Depends on whether the hoodies look good or not but yeah, it'd be cool to be the first to break tradition.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Interesting question, I reckon you should just do a vote and see what the whole year wants to do overall, majority deciding what you do.

robo-andie

HSC
We have jerseys and hoodies and we are thinking of getting something else, as well as our yr 10 and yr 11 jerseys.

In answer to your question though.
Breaking away from tradition might be a good idea, who knows, maybe the pnc will change their minds if you guys can prove to them they aren't such a bad idea?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Tradition? Its only a school jersey I dare to say each year breaks with tradition using different designs to keep up with the latest fashion. I say that there are better school traditions then a jersey but each to their own, oh and break tradition. ;)

w00dy.

HSC
we managed to elimate the idea of 'jock like jackets' without any sort of consideration.

i guess we would probally prefer to look like the 'hobo gangsters' than the 'jocks'.

it shall be interesting to see what our year thinks when we put it to the vote. for the final decision.

(note: please excuse the use of the stereotypes =])

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
interesting, jerseys are of course way better in my opinion.

so ur year 11 will be the last year 11 to have jearseys in year 12 next year and future Year 11s will get their jerseys in Year 11 and not Year 12? so they keep their jersey for two years? (ie over year 11 and year 12?) i thik the jersey would then lose its meaning. I see the jersey as like an officiating seniorhood kinda thing that is special to HSC students. giving them to Year 11s would just subtract from the whole effect of a Year 12 Jersey.

but that having been said, keep in mind that it is my opinion and if your up for keeping the same jersey with the same nickname for two years (no matter how outdated the nickname may become - which is a thing to think about when chosing a jersey name) then by all means go ahead :p

w00dy.

HSC
we will be the last year with the year 12's on our jersey/shoodies (whatever it is we end up getting) and future years will have 'seniors' rather than year 12. the p n c want it to be incorporated into the senior uniform. which will have its advantages. but it does kill the fact that it was/is only a year 12 thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)