Do we bring our parents to enrolment/orientation day? (1 Viewer)

Pies

HSC
N/A
sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but knowing my parents they'll want to come to everything when they aren't even required to.

thanks! :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
*shrug*

I didn't. They can if they want. In USYD I noticed a few people bring theirs.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Pies said:
sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but knowing my parents they'll want to come to everything when they aren't even required to.

thanks! :)
Most don't simply because there isn't anything you need your parents to do, but its up to you if you want to bring them. If nothing else they might be useful as company while you're waiting in the line.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
some parents might want to check out the kind of uni you are going to, or want to be proud of you etc etc...there is no harm in bringing your parents..
it just means you have luving parents..

unlike my parents who dont giv a rats ass wat i do..

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
haha yeah my parents dont really give a shit what uni i'm in as long as i am in one. and yeah whatevs a business degree is nothing great. If i were in med however, i think they'd get my whole family to rock up to my uni.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I didn't take my parents to mine
they didn't want to come
but i saw quite a few students that actually did bring theirs

its really up to you...

Pies

HSC
N/A
don't get me wrong, i don't mind if they're there. i just wasn't sure if they were needed (filling out forms, etc).

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I don't think they are needed for enrolment day because you would be doing all the filling of forms.

They can come to orientation week.. to have a look around the uni etc.

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
you're a uni student now kiddo, your not in hs, once you turn 18 you can do everything yourself, no need for parents to sign anything :p

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i told my parents i dont want them coming.. even though they probly want 2 lol

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
if your parents wanna come just let them

enrollment is all about you anyway though

they aren't needed

university gives independence people :p

hellomike

HSC
Your parents can't do your enrollment for you, or can they? Lol they can't do anything but you can bring them of course after for lunch or something.

hellomike

HSC
I said if you can do the enrollment yourself then do it, i didnt mean if parents can do it they can.

HSC
I went to my enrolment today and there were quite a few parents there, so i guess you could bring them along if you want :)

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
thxs, anymore info on enrolment?, like how long were the lines, when u got there(when did u get there), how long did the whole process take, what did it consist of? (subject choosing, timetable choosing, getting CAS accpted? etc)

thxs, (its not really important but it would be cool if you could)

EDIT: ALSO, do they check anything other then the printout your supposed to bring?, e.g do they have desk or roll call of some sort?, and were there any epople turned away becuse they weren't meant to be there?

thxs :p

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Spider786 said:
thxs, anymore info on enrolment?, like how long were the lines, when u got there(when did u get there), how long did the whole process take, what did it consist of? (subject choosing, timetable choosing, getting CAS accpted? etc)

thxs, (its not really important but it would be cool if you could)

EDIT: ALSO, do they check anything other then the printout your supposed to bring?, e.g do they have desk or roll call of some sort?, and were there any epople turned away becuse they weren't meant to be there?

thxs :p
The lines are huge, and it took at least an hour in the line when I did it, otherwise we handed in the slips, had a 15 min info seminar, get our HECS forms signed and approved (about 10 mins), enrolled into our subjects (another 10) and picked our time on the computers and then got our student IDs (another 10).

Thats the gist of it, and they will turn you away if you're not meant to be there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)