Do we have to do crime? (1 Viewer)

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
i read in the Board of Studies, and off our head teacher of english, that it is compulsary to study crime fiction. Is it? Because i hate it. I find it hard to get into. I like shows like Law and Order, but i hate reading it in a book. And if we have to study it then how much of it do we have to do? (I am doing Ext 1 in yr 11 (next year))

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
That is a lie. No one is FORCED to take CF, it's an option (unless the rules have drastically changed). Can you link to the BOS webpage that said that?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Even if your class chooses Crime Fiction, you can go off and do another by yourself, as is the case with any option topic, whether in Biology, Software, et cetera.

Though whether you'll do as well is questionable.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
For Phys/Chem this may be an option, but I really don't think it is vaible for EE1, as they probably won't have tests for your option, and it is too hard to self-study ...

impulse_17

HSC
Slide Rule said:
Even if your class chooses Crime Fiction, you can go off and do another by yourself
trust me, DON'T DO THAT! unless you are a very motivated, self-disciplined and hardworking person, it won't work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)