do we HAVE to know a case study (1 Viewer)

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
a friend is telling me that we need to know one case study because one of the essay questions is gonna have 2 options for you too chose from but u have to answer them based on a country other than australia. is this right? because im not gonna waste time learning about a whole countries economy.

Jerruy

HSC
u should know it...but there is USUALLY 1 case study question and another question which doesn't relate to the case study

Ozza

HSC
Q28 2001: Analyse the impact that globalisation has had on the economic deveopment stratagiues in an economy other than Australia.

Q27 2003: Explain the impact of globalisation on the economic performance or EITHER the austrlian economy or an economy other than Australia.

Q28 2004: Discuss the impact of globalisation on one or more economies, with reference to economic development and evironmental consequences.

Q28 2005: Outline the features of globalisation, and analyse the impact of globalisation on the standard of living in the global economy.

Those are just the extended responses ones they've had, there may be some short answer questions in there. Although, you can pick the extended response question, so arguably, just don't pick the one with the case study... but sometimes the case studies are easier to talk about because the information and notes teachers give you is bundled... when you talk about globalisation on Australia, you have to bundle the whole course togther and talk about it. So I think it's sort of an advantage to know another economy, I think that so much so... that I have two case studies :D

Jerruy

HSC
Q28 2005: Outline the features of globalisation, and analyse the impact of globalisation on the standard of living in the global economy.

Thats not a case study q

djh89

HSC
Q28 2007: Outline the indicators of globalisation and evaluate the strategies used by an economy other than Australia to promote economic growth and development.

It'll be just like the catholic trials one I reckon.

Jerruy

HSC
what are the indicators of globalisatioN???? increase trade and financial flows?

djh89

HSC
I suppose indicators is just another way of saying impacts in regards to globalisation.

Ozza

HSC
Social and economic indicators:

• The growth of trade flows over recent decades
  • The emergence of global product markets
  • Groweth in financial and investment flows
  • Advances in communications technology and the spread of the internet
  • Increasing influence of TNCs
  • The increased importance of international organisations in dealing with global economic and political probs
  • The synchronisation of economic conditions (i.e. the emergence of the international business cycle)
  • Policy convergence amaong nations
  • The rise of private equity funds, which are more important than TNCs as they contribute more FDI into an economy.
Anyone got others?

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
Jerruy said:
what are the indicators of globalisatioN???? increase trade and financial flows?
reduced protection, increased subsidies? , higher eco growth, higher inflation, increase in the dolla, high unemplayment in the short term, low unemployment in the long term, improving CAD and Terms of trade.

nod089

HSC
Labour (internationalisation of the labour market)
Investment Flows
Financial Flows
Trade Flows
International Business Cycle
Technology

Pretty well increases in these..

Mr-X

HSC
What figures and facts do you think we should know for the country we did in our case study?

I'm thinking:
- population
- GDP/GDP per capita
- HDI ranking
- Life expectancy
- Literacy rates
- Infant mortality rates
- Poverty
- Income distribution
- Environmental problems
- Unemployment rates
- Labour force participation rate

Anything else?

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
Mr-X said:
What figures and facts do you think we should know for the country we did in our case study?

I'm thinking:
- population
- GDP/GDP per capita
- HDI ranking
- Life expectancy
- Literacy rates
- Infant mortality rates
- Poverty
- Income distribution
- Environmental problems
- Unemployment rates

Anything else?
globalisation

djh89

HSC
Mr-X said:

I'm thinking:
- population
- GDP/GDP per capita
- HDI ranking
- Life expectancy
- Literacy rates
- Infant mortality rates
- Poverty
- Income distribution
- Environmental problems
- Unemployment rates

Anything else?
You don't have to include all of those things unless of course they tie into a point you are making. You want stats but just throwing them into your case study loosely won't do you any good. In your intro you should maybe include the population, GDP, unemployment and poverty rates but it's not a necesity. Then when it comes to discussing impacts of globalisation, brings up other points if they are relevant. For example if you are going to talk about how globalisation has improved the standard of living in a nation, then refer to income distribution, HDI indicators etc.

kokodamonkey

HSC
yeah i hope its like the catholic one where i could do a CAD and external stability instead of case study :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)