Do we need a laptop for classes? (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
getting free interweb is also bad mmmmkay... :(

Drmon

Optimistic Cynic
HSC
I was going to make a similar thread - but then found this one and decided to tag it on here instead :p

So basically - I'm enrolling in a UNSW Engineering (Aerospace) course [Also a physics course but I don't think laptops are a huge need in there] and while in my FEAS interview the lecturer mentioned they did a lot of computer-based work to design th craft.

Is anyone going through Engineering [Preferably Aerospace] at the moment and can tell me if a laptop would be a worthwhile thing to buy? I know it'd have to be a fairly hefty one to run the 3D modelling/designing software and such, But I figured it'd be best to ask before I go out and spend thousand(s).

*EDIT: I Used the search button to find this thread - Didn't know that I was posting in the ANU section. Oh well, Might find some soul who knows anyway. *

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
tbh im sure there would be someone on bos doing Aerospace at UNSW. You have posted on the UNSW thread right?

Krieg

HSC
I don't think you can do aerospace engineering at ANU :O

Evilo

HSC
i think it was a 3rd year post grad thing, i remember a guy from johns studying rockets/engineering or something. But it was a subject, not a degree/major

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)